What's the Trek Session 8 like?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's the Trek Session 8 like?
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 10:15 Quote
No problem mate, when i get it done i will post the final result up here.

Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 12:35 Quote
Ok cost wise Depending on how big/complex it turns out to be they would be between £25 and £35, could have a special price which i will sort out when i go over which makes it cheaper.

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 3:56 Quote
RobB1984 wrote:
Ok cost wise Depending on how big/complex it turns out to be they would be between £25 and £35, could have a special price which i will sort out when i go over which makes it cheaper.

That's not bad at all actually. Let me have a word with a few Session owners and see if we can get some orders placed.

Thanks!

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 6:31 Quote
The guard from the 2011 8 should fit as I think this still has the old frame. Only the 88 has the new frame.

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain_full_suspension/session/session8/

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 6:47 Quote
lochussie wrote:
The guard from the 2011 8 should fit as I think this still has the old frame. Only the 88 has the new frame.

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain_full_suspension/session/session8/

Actually you could be right there. I might drop Trek a line and ask if it'll fit as that would solve the problems, although do fancy the idea of a nice shiny carbon protector now! Smile

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 11:20 Quote
The Carbon one looks better IMO :Cool :

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 13:25 Quote
Well I would certainly be up for buying one of them as i havent dented my frame yet and want to keep it that way Smile

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 8:24 Quote
2010 frames aren't as bad as the earlier models. While a downtube protector is a great idea on any frame IMO (I ran a carbon one on my Session Cool , I had no problems with paint chipping or dents, and spoke with a lot of other Session owners over Summer - those that did have dented frames always seemed to be on 2009's or the older silver Session 88 FR's.

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 8:45 Quote
I have ridden the 2009 Session 88 FR for two seasons now. No dents on the downtube. Bike has been ridden in Whistler for 3 weeks in total and in three other mountain bike parks in western Canada during that time. Spoke to a local bike shop, their racers have dented the frame on the race version but it did not affect their performance, so cosmetic issue only.

The bike has held up well so I am handing it to my 15 year old since I bought a 2011 Giant Glory 0. I have never used a down tube protector on the Session.

jasevr4 wrote:
2010 frames aren't as bad as the earlier models. While a downtube protector is a great idea on any frame IMO (I ran a carbon one on my Session Cool , I had no problems with paint chipping or dents, and spoke with a lot of other Session owners over Summer - those that did have dented frames always seemed to be on 2009's or the older silver Session 88 FR's.

Posted: Jan 16, 2011 at 9:12 Quote
oldman54 wrote:
I have ridden the 2009 Session 88 FR for two seasons now. No dents on the downtube. Bike has been ridden in Whistler for 3 weeks in total and in three other mountain bike parks in western Canada during that time. Spoke to a local bike shop, their racers have dented the frame on the race version but it did not affect their performance, so cosmetic issue only.

The bike has held up well so I am handing it to my 15 year old since I bought a 2011 Giant Glory 0. I have never used a down tube protector on the Session.

Yeah there you go. Even the ones that seem to dent easier don't dent as easy as "one ride on some loose rocks and it's done".

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 2:59 Quote
I've got her now. Smile tup
So far, so good. Big Grin
Downtube guard, and thicker folds of material on the down-tube.
I do love her muchly. :Cool :

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:

Glad you're liking it, can't beat a Session and yours looks lush!

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 0:49 Quote
cydaps wrote:
Jamie-K wrote:

Glad you're liking it, can't beat a Session and yours looks lush!

Cheers man! tup
Likewise to your 09-FR. Drool
What are those 888s like? Beer

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 at 0:58 Quote
Jamie-K wrote:
Cheers man! tup
Likewise to your 09-FR. Drool
What are those 888s like? Beer

Thanks mate! Big Grin I'm loving the 888s, they're super plush and light with the Ti spring. Feel made for the bike. So much nicer than the Totems it came with (but useful to have a backup fork so will hang on to that). Your Fox 40s look stunning on there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017010
Mobile Version of Website