Before I swapped out my Boxxer for a Super T

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 14:33 Quote
It dosent say Coiler or Stinky but it's exactly the same Razz
Carrera Banshee 2008 9
  Carrera Banshee 2008/9
Carrera Banshee 2008 9
Carrera Banshee 2008 9

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 15:57 Quote
Just because it looks similar doesn't mean it's the same. It's a persistent myth.

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 at 19:03 Quote
3lfd3wd wrote:
Just because it looks similar doesn't mean it's the same. It's a persistent myth.
I'd say it depends on the components. Sette's frames, for example, are generic frames that have their decals on them. You might see a Sette bike built with Fox suspension and an X9 drivetrain, and then see the same frame, but from a different brand with RST suspension and a Walmart drivetrain.

Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 9:40 Quote
3lfd3wd wrote:
Well it was made in the same factory Wink

Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 15:35 Quote
They're quite clearly not the same frame though, if you're moaning that some factories build frames for more than one company, then you've got a long way to go.

Posted: Oct 2, 2012 at 20:00 Quote
3lfd3wd wrote:
They're quite clearly not the same frame though, if you're moaning that some factories build frames for more than one company, then you've got a long way to go.
That said, you'll notice that the front triangles are IDENTICAL, while the difference lies in the rear triangle; the seatstays on the Banshee have a curve inwards, the Kona's are straight. Also, the swingarms are solid on the Banshee. Another fact here is that the Kona Coiler Deluxe was only made from '06-'07 and the Banshee is an '08/'09, so it is possible that Banshee recycled Kona's Coiler design.

Posted: Oct 3, 2012 at 6:29 Quote
My Coiler Bikes 1 amp 2 updates 2012. Saint brakes. XTR 1x10 drivetrain bike 1. XTR 2x10 drivetrain bike 2.
My Coiler Bike 1 update 2012. XTR Dynasys Plus 10sp derailleur. XTR 11-36 cassette. MRP 1X chainguide
My Coiler Bike 1 updates 2012. DMR Vault pedals. Flip Pins removed and replaced with grub screws for better grip.
My Coiler Bike 1 updates 2012. Saint brakes. XTR 1x10 drivetrain.
My Coiler Bike 1 updates 2012. Saint brakes.
My 07 Coiler 2012 update:
XTR 10sp drivetrain. Retained Saint cranks.
DMR Vault pedals. Flip pins replaced with grub screws for superior grip.
Saint brakes.

Posted: Oct 3, 2012 at 8:24 Quote
Jcloutier wrote:
3lfd3wd wrote:
That said, you'll notice that the front triangles are IDENTICAL, while the difference lies in the rear triangle; the seatstays on the Banshee have a curve inwards, the Kona's are straight. Also, the swingarms are solid on the Banshee. Another fact here is that the Kona Coiler Deluxe was only made from '06-'07 and the Banshee is an '08/'09, so it is possible that Banshee recycled Kona's Coiler design.

Not true, look at the shock mount for instance, the additional gusset underneath the DT/HT junction. They're not the same frame.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:50 Quote
Hi guys, some great coilers here. Just a quick question, does anyone know if I can change the travel plates on my 2004 to 2005. It would be so much easier than getting a new frame.

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 5:04 Quote
2006 Coiler frame with Fox DHX 4.0
Shimano saint BB and cranset
2008 Boxxers
I am considering selling up to fund an Entourage,but everytime i ride this bike i have so much fun.

Posted: May 18, 2013 at 11:34 Quote
Very nice. Would you mind taking some quick measurements from you travel plates for me please.

Posted: Aug 5, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
Here's my 07' Coiler Deluxe. When I got it it was beat. It had mud in the headset bearings. I took the entire thing apart and replaced the rear pivot bushings (bearings were all still solid), rebuilt the fork, reset-up the BB correctly with a somewhat custom MRP chainguide, regreased headset and hubs, and a few other things. The brown front triangle and seat/chain stays were pretty scratched up so some new paint was in order! Looks and rides like brand new now!

Before...
as I bought it for 300.

Now...
Kona Coiler Deluxe rebuild

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 17:53 Quote
Has anyone had good results going from a spring shock to an air shock? I just bought a coiler primo and I'm trying to lighten the rear end. I know that it will never be as light as say an SB 66 but I'm just trying to get it more free ride friendly... I still have the stock fox vanilla shock and its no bueno.Confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018578
Mobile Version of Website