Slopestyle Discussion

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Slopestyle Discussion
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 11:30 Quote
This is a thread for everything having to do with slopestyle.
Post about bikes, riders, and trails, or anything else you can think of.

Pictures and videos are welcome!

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 8:50 Quote
I've recently sold my Full sus frame to downgrade to a cove Stiffee over the winter. Come spring il probably want to swap out for a full sus frame for the season. What kind of frame would you recomend; looking for a strong frame, not loads of travel ( il be running fox floats 160mm up front) but thats good for freeride /slopestyle / some red routes. Any suggestions? Excluding Giant reigns Smile

Also whats the actual difference between freeride and slopestyle, i have a spot that has potential for some drops / flowy jumpy lines but im not surre whether that would come under slopestyle or freeride.

CHEEYAS.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 9:12 Quote
CharlieS43 wrote:
I've recently sold my Full sus frame to downgrade to a cove Stiffee over the winter. Come spring il probably want to swap out for a full sus frame for the season. What kind of frame would you recomend; looking for a strong frame, not loads of travel ( il be running fox floats 160mm up front) but thats good for freeride /slopestyle / some red routes. Any suggestions? Excluding Giant reigns Smile

Also whats the actual difference between freeride and slopestyle, i have a spot that has potential for some drops / flowy jumpy lines but im not surre whether that would come under slopestyle or freeride.

CHEEYAS.

The reign x would be good but like you said... So I would suggest you the voltage fr and the wildcard. That would be my best too for what your lookin for.

For your question about slopestyle, I see it a bit like a mix of freeride and dirt jumps... Like some big hits with lots of doubles(dirt jumps) and step up step down etc.
Hope it helped.Smile

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 12:02 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
CharlieS43 wrote:

CHEEYAS.

The reign x would be good but like you said... So I would suggest you the voltage fr and the wildcard. That would be my best too for what your lookin for.

For your question about slopestyle, I see it a bit like a mix of freeride and dirt jumps... Like some big hits with lots of doubles(dirt jumps) and step up step down etc.
Hope it helped.Smile

ok thanks Smile I've had a look at the solid blade/flair or bottlerocket seems like it might suit me. Any opinions on those frames?

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 13:12 Quote
CharlieS43 wrote:
voltagerider wrote:
CharlieS43 wrote:

CHEEYAS.

Hope it helped.Smile

ok thanks Smile I've had a look at the solid blade/flair or bottlerocket seems like it might suit me. Any opinions on those frames?

Yeah the BR would be good too.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 14:15 Quote
Just recently bought a specialized enduro as my freeride/slopestyle bike (don't question the choice, it suited me very well)
It was a used rental from a local bike shop, and had an ugly red/gray color scheme, any suggestions on new color to powder coat it?

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 17:05 Quote
Bottlerocket? Yeah, they're great!

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 21:26 Quote
wow those are some sick pictures

and charlie: you should also look at Trek Scatches, they are expensive but they do everything really well.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 22:25 Quote
photo

My new double all built up

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
dhracer09 wrote:
photo

My new double all built up
That looks sweet! what travel is it up front? and what do you use it for. Ideally im looking for something as solid as the double but maybe with 120-140mm in the back so its not all bouncy like a 7" freeride bike but so i can still use it on trails aswell as freeride. Would you recomend it for that?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014421
Mobile Version of Website