WTP supreme
Odyssey spokes
sun envy
Tioga poweblock (1.95)
Shadow Conspiracy raptor
Odyssey spokes
Animal RS rim
intense MK 2 folding tire (1.75)

would this bike hold together good? I added up the weights and its just over 17 lbs and that weight scared me a little. Would this still be a strong bike?

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 6:54 Quote
it could be a sick as hell build BUT, read up on reviews about parts and what others say about them, i wudnt use the envy rim becuz its a race rim, jus put more research into parts and with the weight i think u really want a bike around 20-21lbs this is a great weight to strength ratio, dont go for all light parts, it jus wont work

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 12:12 Quote
Thanks dude so what I changed was Odyssey hazard lite rear rim and then put the animal RS rim in front would that be better?

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
aerobike wrote:
Thanks dude so what I changed was Odyssey hazard lite rear rim and then put the animal RS rim in front would that be better?

yh man sounds alot better Big Grin

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 13:52 Quote
If you got the weights from the internet (even from the manufacturers' sites or a mail-order site) then they are almost always lower than the real price. This just shows how much lighter companies claim there parts to be, than they actually are. So, unless you see a scale shot, I wouldnt trust the weight. Unless you know the person.

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:30 Quote
I just got all the weights off of danscomp but thanks for the warning. I"m riding a stock haro forum and its pretty sweet but I"d like to get a lighter bike as I've read that it weighs 28 lbs stock but I have metal pedals and pegs on it now so I'm guessing it weighs somewhere around 30 lbs so anything around 20 lbs is a huge decrease in weight.

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:34 Quote
aerobike wrote:
I just got all the weights off of danscomp but thanks for the warning. I"m riding a stock haro forum and its pretty sweet but I"d like to get a lighter bike as I've read that it weighs 28 lbs stock but I have metal pedals and pegs on it now so I'm guessing it weighs somewhere around 30 lbs so anything around 20 lbs is a huge decrease in weight.

is there any particular reason u want the twilight frame?, do u like low frames or jus like the geos and stuff?, i would really recomend the federal dan lacey and the ty high bars tht are 28 wide and 8.5 rise, i rode this 2 days ago and believe me it feels so nice, easy to ride too, oh and ive heard of the elementry slipping badlly and they do indent on ur bars in some cases, so look at profile, S&M, primo and wethepeople stems Smile

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 17:54 Quote
I don't really like big bars I cut my stock ones that came with my forum by about 2 inches or so on each side and I like the way it rides so much better. As for the frame I have never tried a twilight frame as I am the only one of my friends who actually likes bmxing some of them have bmx bikes but they are all like 5 year old 200 dollar haros that are like 45 lbs so I don't really get to try many parts. I'll look at the dan lacey frame but I've also heard some good stuff about the mutiny loosefer frame. And thanks for the warning about the elementary stem

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:00 Quote
aerobike wrote:
I don't really like big bars I cut my stock ones that came with my forum by about 2 inches or so on each side and I like the way it rides so much better. As for the frame I have never tried a twilight frame as I am the only one of my friends who actually likes bmxing some of them have bmx bikes but they are all like 5 year old 200 dollar haros that are like 45 lbs so I don't really get to try many parts. I'll look at the dan lacey frame but I've also heard some good stuff about the mutiny loosefer frame. And thanks for the warning about the elementary stem

if u dont like big bar then u wont like the glams there 29 wide, but yh ive heard so many good things about the lacey frame and if u watch him ride then ull know its strong but yh good luck on the build Smile

Posted: Nov 23, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
I'd just cut the bars down to the size I like because they don't sell many bars that are small anymore but I like the 8.125" rise a lot.

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 at 9:10 Quote
aerobike wrote:

Believe me, there is a HUGE difference just between 30 lbs (brother's old bike) and 25 lbs (my bike). My brother, who is 9, NEVER rode his bmx bike, but rode his scooter, but then he got a new one that weighs 23.5 lbs a couple months ago and he hasnt ridden his scooter since. It's bmx all the time, which makes me really happy too. That just goes to show how less weight = more fun Smile . Personally, I wouldnt trust a bike that weighs 20lbs. 22-21 is light lightest I'd ever go. Even then, only if I knew the entire spec on it Razz . If you are unable to manhandle a bike that weighs 25lbs, then you need to go lift some weights Smile . But I agree, 30 lbs is WAY too heavy for a bmx bike.

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 at 13:35 Quote
It won't work very well... You're missing BB in that list.

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 19:12 Quote
Ya I just hadn't decided what BB I wanted but I think I'm gonna go with the mutiny mid bb kit. Would that work with the mutiny loosefer frame? It says the frame has an externally machined BB.

Posted: Nov 27, 2010 at 19:49 Quote
aerobike wrote:
Ya I just hadn't decided what BB I wanted but I think I'm gonna go with the mutiny mid bb kit. Would that work with the mutiny loosefer frame? It says the frame has an externally machined BB.

not to sound like a dick but it would be pretty retarded of mutiny to make a botto bracket that didnt fit there own frames, just saying, externally machined is jus work to the frame, has nothing to do with actual bottom brackets

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 7:20 Quote
allright thanks hopefully I'll be able to have this bike built up over the winter.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011023
Mobile Version of Website