Don Valley trails, SABOTAGED!

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Don Valley trails, SABOTAGED!
Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 22:07 Quote
If you find him, lynch him, and post their body up as a warning.

Posted: Jan 5, 2013 at 10:38 Quote
Well, someone's at it again, maybe in a less dangerous way but still...

Someone is laying logs across the trail every 20' - 30' or so, some of them crossed over each other so as to create an obstacle too high to negotiate unless you dismount... The other day, I cleared about 4 logs but on my return today found about 15 had been recently laid down. Judging by the tracks, even a cross country skier had to bushwack to get around everything...

The trail I'm talking about it the one on the north side of the "Molars" that goes into the woods south of the parking lot:
43°42'3.07"N 79°19'55.14"W

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 19:48 Quote
And again today. All the logs I moved were once again re-positioned across the trail. Most were replaced to create even more of a nuisance, being higher or laid at knee level... I took photos this time and I'll be going to the police to file a report...

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 20:05 Quote
andrew11180 wrote:
And again today. All the logs I moved were once again re-positioned across the trail. Most were replaced to create even more of a nuisance, being higher or laid at knee level... I took photos this time and I'll be going to the police to file a report...

Some people have so much time to waste!

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 17:30 Quote
It sounds like dlit could be hikers. There is a trail where I live that a group not the city fixed up all bikers no hikers. When I rider there they get made and start screaming and will jump in people's way. I told one guy to go f*ck himself and check the trail head billboard to see who made the trails. It's f*cked up that some one would cut a bridge an do a choke line. Just so people can walk where others have worked hard to build into a nice place. Now I'm mad I want to punch that person

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 18:00 Quote
This same kind of sabotage is happened to some trails near me, except whoever is doing it is putting down pieces of wood with razors sticking out of them.

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 18:10 Quote
[Quote="mtbpkdude"]This same kind of sabotage is happened to some trails near me, except whoever is doing it is putting down pieces of wood with razors sticking out of them.[/Quot] wtf is wrong with people

O+
Posted: Jan 10, 2013 at 18:13 Quote
[Quote="tylerthegiant"]
mtbpkdude wrote:
This same kind of sabotage is happened to some trails near me, except whoever is doing it is putting down pieces of wood with razors sticking out of them.[/Quot] wtf is wrong with people
Don't know man, I have no clue who would come up with the idea of putting razor traps on a mountain bike trail.....the trail is completely legal too.

Posted: Jan 22, 2013 at 18:17 Quote
Crazy stuff out there. Be on the look out!

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 at 14:03 Quote
Anyone who gets caught doing that should be stripped naked and tied to a tree until the police come out to take them to the place where they belong.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020875
Mobile Version of Website