Wheelset for a light girl.

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Wheelset for a light girl.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 9:46 Quote
Hey,

Looking to buy a dh wheelset for a light woman rider. She had deemax before but the rear hub is creating some problem and she would like something lighter.
She's by no mean slow but her old deemax which were never trued for years are str8 and have no dings.

Any recommendation for a strong all mountain UST wheelset?

Thanks.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 11:52 Quote
If she's quite light and smooth then there are plenty of options for saving weight. The key problems (as I'm sure you're aware) are getting a rim wide enough to support beefy DH tyres. If money is no object I'd recommend either Easton Havens or Crossmax SXs but a set of flow rims on any hubs would also be a light/strong and cheaper option. I think team Maxxis/ Rocky mountain used flows last year. Tracey Mosely uses bontrager rhythms for racing but having owned some (elites) I found them rim a bit fragile (bent but still works tubeless) and the alloy nipples very susceptible to corrosion, making them impossible to true. xm819s would probably be too narrow for DH tyres.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
Thanks for the advice. We got deemaxes.Frown

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 16:24 Quote
Try Stans ZTR flows. I am a light girl and find them strong yet not very weighty for DH.

Posted: Jan 7, 2011 at 19:17 Quote
silvo82 wrote:
Try Stans ZTR flows. I am a light girl and find them strong yet not very weighty for DH.

I will look into it. My 951 (soon to be her's) is sitting at 39lbs with dh tubes and steel spring. I figured that swapping the wheelset to tubeless would help her a lot. So we got deemaxes a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012845
Mobile Version of Website