The 24" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The 24" Thread
Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 1:54 Quote
sooo im thinking of building a peanut 24. could do it for under a grand. people are saying 26" is too big for me so i want to give it a shot and have a spare bike. im 165cm and 50kg so they may be right. have some thinking to do.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 3:57 Quote
willashcroft wrote:
Trololol.

That was one hell of a boost from such a sketchy and tiny lip!

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 5:04 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
Anyone know the exact length spacer I need for my bb? 09 cap. Just got some profiles and the kid that had the bike before only put the long spacer in which isn't long enough on its own

the trube space should something like 48-55mm

this bike is costing you a boooomb,

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 5:06 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
sooo im thinking of building a peanut 24. could do it for under a grand. people are saying 26" is too big for me so i want to give it a shot and have a spare bike. im 165cm and 50kg so they may be right. have some thinking to do.

do it

your never go back, unless you haz te super shooooort stays on ya 26

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 5:06 Quote
try putting some spindle spacers/washers in there. should do the trick.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 6:03 Quote
madtag12 wrote:
yo13bo wrote:

do it

your never go back, unless you haz te super shooooort stays on ya 26
I'm going back for the second time hahaha

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 6:15 Quote
I couldn't ride a 26. then half the city's sports would be super low and almost unrideable. The ledges at the local park are only just high enough for 24 as well.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 6:29 Quote
harry-h wrote:
I couldn't ride a 26. then half the city's spots would be super low and almost unrideable. The ledges at the local park are only just high enough for 24 as well.

I'm assuming you mean for grinds?

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 6:31 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
harry-h wrote:
I couldn't ride a 26. then half the city's spots would be super low and almost unrideable. The ledges at the local park are only just high enough for 24 as well.

I'm assuming you mean for grinds?
Yeah. Of course, my only other tricks are spins! lol

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 6:41 Quote
ok. ill price up a build and see. i have a fork laying around that i could use, a front hub, maybe a stem, have a tax return coming in thats quite substantial so thatll help. for tyres its like im spoiled for choice coming from a 26", i can EP odyssey, maybe tioga, so ill probably go with an aitken p-lyte. might go for odyssey rims too, theyre heavy but strong so i dont mind them.

right now its just an idea but id be able to put together a solid build for not much money.

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
iv got some massive tax return next year to Smile

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:33 Quote
Where can I sign up for one of these tax returns, Tom? Haha

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:51 Quote
charge-rider wrote:
Where can I sign up for one of these tax returns, Tom? Haha

wait till january or april on one of the months in between, and just call them Smile and sayaye i want my tax back you shmuck

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 8:52 Quote
harry-h wrote:
That was one hell of a boost from such a sketchy and tiny lip!

Haha, I've somehow become a baws at hopping, But was trying to get over it without the ramp there. Hilarity Ensues!

Hopping shiz like this is fun ^_^

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293806_10150957370950662_1404115761_n.jpg
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i.cubeupload.com/NKCEDW.gif

Posted: Jul 27, 2012 at 11:00 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
ok. ill price up a build and see. i have a fork laying around that i could use, a front hub, maybe a stem, have a tax return coming in thats quite substantial so thatll help. for tyres its like im spoiled for choice coming from a 26", i can EP odyssey, maybe tioga, so ill probably go with an aitken p-lyte. might go for odyssey rims too, theyre heavy but strong so i dont mind them.

right now its just an idea but id be able to put together a solid build for not much money.

Build my full OC1 spark/NS build for 620$ X.X~! u gota shop till u drop -.- haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010969
Mobile Version of Website