The 24" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The 24" Thread
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 6:32 Quote
I have one laying my garage, I can't find a fcking fork

Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 17:44 Quote
Bettadendat wrote:
Whats up guys, anyone still ridin on 24s? Haven't ridden my capital since december 2013, so its been a few years; thinking about getting back into it. Gonna dust it off and bring it out of storage, and hit the skate park come spring time. Below is a photo of its final iteration.

Seems like PB has slowed down a lot. All of the old threads for street and DJ have pretty much died out. Anyone left riding, or has the street scene pretty much died out in all your cities?

Capital 2012

Sexy build!
Would love to try it
would love to find those tires too
24 is all i ride Beer i try other peoples bikes but feel most at home on my cap

I dont see why youd look for a 24 specific fork anyways unless your 24 is more bmx shaped

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 5:47 Quote
I'm not the only one that has seen the death of the little bike scene then, it's pretty odd. I'm not sure if it's the rise of cheap enduro bikes that has moved people away from the scene or something else.

Rode mine for the first time in a couple years last month on some dirt jumps. Forgot how much fun it was!

Updated photo of the contraband New bars brake tyres

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 at 10:05 Quote
Money is in scooters now. We basically don't do sales on scooters cause they'll be sold regardless, whereas with bmx we can't list anything at retail.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 15:25 Quote
I have recently built a 24" coming from bmx seemed the best option to start on a bigger bike

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 15:43 Quote
Rode my 24 Capital in my condo's parking garage today for the first time in 4 years lol. Back to basics, even bunny hopping and manuals felt uncomfortable. The size of the bike felt very unnatural after years of riding nothing but road. Can't wait for the weather to break to actually hit a skate park.

Anyone know if Mutant bikes has a distro in Canada?

Also, did illbike fold? Can't find a website for them.

Finally for the sake of conversation, here is my old bike. Sure do miss this thing, looking back I think this was the most dialled setup I've ever ridden. The geometry just felt perfect.
Dobermann ridin on a rigid. Finally feels dialed in. Loving this bike.

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 17:01 Quote
Yeah illbike folded, way too sketchy, they just fell off the face of the earth

If you want a 24" go custom and give gabodude a phone call

Posted: Jan 7, 2018 at 17:38 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Yeah illbike folded, way too sketchy, they just fell off the face of the earth

If you want a 24" go custom and give gabodude a phone call

Yah, figured they went under. They always had some sketchy customer service.

Not in the market for a frame or anything right now, just seeing whats still out there and what companies have folded. I've got a lot to catch up on. Who knows though, if the riding sticks maybe down the line I'll get a custom frame to mimic the geo of my old Dob, but with bmx spacing.

Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 5:16 Quote
Just got myself a 2017 ns capital, super short in the rear and a bit longer in front compared to my old one. running 80mm forks and i find the geo is spot on... Ride brakeless just to keep simple stuff fun...ill post a pic later.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Money is in scooters now. We basically don't do sales on scooters cause they'll be sold regardless, whereas with bmx we can't list anything at retail.

Cry

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 23:06 Quote
Yeah bmx guys are usually poor teens whereas most scooter users are kids, for example I'm going to get my younger brother a scooter. He has a bmx and it doesn't ring him any bells so I'll suck it up

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 4:12 Quote
photo
photo

My Capital with custom copper flake paint!

Hating how the available fork list is getting smaller! swapping out my circus comps for some argyle rc's that've been converted to solo air. got everything just waiting for the top cap!

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 6:42 Quote
Dear god i miss mine, been searching the buysell the past year in case it came back up Cry

Resistant el deuce in all it s glory.
  Resistant el deuce in all it's glory.

Posted: Jan 10, 2018 at 14:42 Quote
I think I made the right call in retiring my frame and hanging it. Would love to build another cap.

Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 3:48 Quote
bobj wrote:
Dear god i miss mine, been searching the buysell the past year in case it came back up Cry

Hella nice! Do you remember what travel your forks were? Mine are 100 and my head tube looks a little steeper than yours!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030249
Mobile Version of Website