The 24" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The 24" Thread
Posted: Jan 11, 2018 at 10:29 Quote
I believe they were at 100 too but they could have been 80, was a while ago now!

Posted: Jan 15, 2018 at 8:28 Quote
Old faces coming out the wood works, me old capital, had a look on the buysell the other day for a replacement, no joy.

Glamour pics of the capital write up to come soon

EDIT: and my Spark, because I liked it.

photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 5:36 Quote
So, after a few years of riding only xc I decided that get an extra bike for cruising around town (maybe even commuting up to 5km) and hitting the skatepark/pumptrack every once in a while.
I looked into the 2nd hand market and found a 2012 p24 which was mainly catching dust in the basement. I can grab it for about 150usd and it needs a new pair of grips and it has 2 flat tires (I'm not sure on the condition of the tires).
On the other hand, I found a very well built 24" brakeless blk mrkt which I can grab for 290usd (i would add a brake if i got it).

Any opinion on what should I get?

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 6:20 Quote
nirryde wrote:
So, after a few years of riding only xc I decided that get an extra bike for cruising around town (maybe even commuting up to 5km) and hitting the skatepark/pumptrack every once in a while.
I looked into the 2nd hand market and found a 2012 p24 which was mainly catching dust in the basement. I can grab it for about 150usd and it needs a new pair of grips and it has 2 flat tires (I'm not sure on the condition of the tires).
On the other hand, I found a very well built 24" brakeless blk mrkt which I can grab for 290usd (i would add a brake if i got it).

Any opinion on what should I get?

Just my 2cents worth. the P24's are all over the place, but Black Market's are harder to get hold of. If you feel comfortable with the geo I'd go with the Black Market. Never owned one, myself, but they seem to be top notch.

On another note, though. Unless you are a short guy commuting will be from a standing position. The typical seat tube length on these type of bikes is about 12 inches. I had a NS Cap 26" and I used a Thompson seat post (longest I could find) and it still was not enough to get a good leg extension for long rides.

Good luck

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 0:46 Quote
photo
I ended up picking the blk mrkt.
I took it to the local pumptrack and what a fun bike! I still have to get used to the ride which is completely different than my xc. Brakeless wasn't as scary as I thought it would be but I still think I will put a simple brake on it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 12:25 Quote
[Quote="nirryde"]
photo

Looks like a good time good choice

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
Still alive? Shhhhhhhhh! Salute

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 18:16 Quote
M4ttyd wrote:
NS Suburban 24
  NS Suburban 24"

NS Suburban 24

Just built this NS Suburban up out of an old frame I bought years ago I came from bmx so I thought I would go down the 24" route didn't realise how hard it would be to find a back hub that I would want as I wanted basically a bmx hub with a disc mount

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 23:01 Quote
sweet build..do you like the tyres on there ? im running them on my 24 cap but find them slippery, don't know what else to get. ps. love The S&M sticker

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 5:33 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
sweet build..do you like the tyres on there ? im running them on my 24 cap but find them slippery, don't know what else to get. ps. love The S&M sticker

Cheers bud I've only just realised someone posted it in here and I haven't had an issue with them but I haven't been riding it that long however I am thinking of going for something a little less wide as the bike weighs a bit to much for my liking and I can loose nearly a pound in tyres

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 5:44 Quote
M4ttyd wrote:
StefanNielsen wrote:

Cheers bud I've only just realised someone posted it in here and I haven't had an issue with them but I haven't been riding it that long however I am thinking of going for something a little less wide as the bike weighs a bit to much for my liking and I can loose nearly a pound in tyres

i run a S&M track mark on mine now ok grip, lighter and 2.1 (i kinda like the wide 2,4 ish or so...)

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 6:00 Quote
i run a S&M track mark on mine now ok grip, lighter and 2.1 (i kinda like the wide 2,4 ish or so...)[/Quote]

I might have a look at them currently riding more indoor parks whilst getting the trails ready for summer i havent rode dirt jumps properly in about 5 years i started doing more xc but even that i stopped for a while because i bought a totally impracticle car but not long bought a van so i should be able to get out more

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 8:40 Quote
M4ttyd wrote:
i run a S&M track mark on mine now ok grip, lighter and 2.1 (i kinda like the wide 2,4 ish or so...)

I might have a look at them currently riding more indoor parks whilst getting the trails ready for summer i havent rode dirt jumps properly in about 5 years i started doing more xc but even that i stopped for a while because i bought a totally impracticle car but not long bought a van so i should be able to get out more[/Quote]

Before you look at any tires check out the odyssey hawk tires, im running them on my ns cap theyre amazing for skateparks, then look at odyssey aitkens for dirt presuming they still sell them

edit: i think the 24" of the hawk are called the odyssey pursuit cruiser tire theyre 24x2.2, don't let the cruiser name put you off though theyre a really nice tyre!

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 13:04 Quote
24 aitken for everything!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.093440
Mobile Version of Website