Does weight matter that much (darn weight weenies)

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Does weight matter that much (darn weight weenies)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 13:19 Quote
people are freaking out now a days about a few grams, come on guys its not that much Madder

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 9:27 Quote
They add up to kilos...

I see your point when you look at a single component but when you look at the all, every gram shaved on those components add up.

Posted: Dec 1, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
oceen246 wrote:
They add up to kilos...

I see your point when you look at a single component but when you look at the all, every gram shaved on those components add up.
i agree but seirously 5 ounces big deal

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 7:56 Quote
Weight in the right area makes up for quite a bit.

Rotational weight, such as in your wheels can make for a huge difference.

Other areas such as in your frame, handlebars, saddles, etc aren't as hugely important but as mentioned add up a couple grams here and there and it makes a difference.

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 13:54 Quote
geezir wrote:

Other areas such as in your frame, handlebars, saddles, etc aren't as hugely important but as mentioned add up a couple grams here and there and it makes a difference.
to me a few pounds doesent make a difference but the reason i made this thread is because i weight has kind of taken over quality and besides if a teenager(me) 5'3" can pedal a 60 pound demo 9 pro dh bike weighing almost 60 pounds on a cross country trail with tons of uphills im sure that anyone else should be able to ride a much lighter bike just around an all mountain trail or even a cross country trail

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
Just because you can do it doesn't mean it makes sense.

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:00 Quote
geezir wrote:
Just because you can do it doesn't mean it makes sense.
you have to admitt it is a valid point though and your point makes sense, im a kid a lot of things that i do dont make sense but it can be done

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:12 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
geezir wrote:

to me a few pounds doesent make a difference but the reason i made this thread is because i weight has kind of taken over quality and besides if a teenager(me) 5'3" can pedal a 60 pound demo 9 pro dh bike weighing almost 60 pounds on a cross country trail with tons of uphills im sure that anyone else should be able to ride a much lighter bike just around an all mountain trail or even a cross country trail
im calling BS. get a scale shot.

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:31 Quote
man really i dont know it was an old dh frame that weighed 15 pounds alone and it had crazy heavy components but i dont know for sure so yeah it could be bs

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:45 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
man really i dont know it was an old dh frame that weighed 15 pounds alone and it had crazy heavy components but i dont know for sure so yeah it could be bs

60 pounds is a lot of bike...

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:46 Quote
jon-15 wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:

60 pounds is a lot of bike...
i know but it was old

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:47 Quote
geezir wrote:

THIS

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:48 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
geezir wrote:

THIS

yes are you finished with that statement

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:49 Quote
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
people are freaking out now a days about a few grams, come on guys its not that much Madder
ya i see what your saying aswell but also bike balence could be apart of it?
back end might be super heave so they need to lose a bit

Posted: Dec 4, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
liveinthedhlife wrote:
thebillygoat6000 wrote:
ya i see what your saying aswell but also bike balence could be apart of it?
back end might be super heave so they need to lose a bit
very true that is a valid point

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011357
Mobile Version of Website