Tioga tire

• Previous Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2010 at 17:40 Quote
anyone out there know where to pick up a physco genius tire by tioga, in b.c.?????

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 at 1:55 Quote
I think we chucked 2 of them out at our shop on saterday , they were slightly worn but nobody wanted them, shame we are in england aswell

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 at 4:18 Quote
Tioga tires have got to be in the top 3 crap tire if not the worse. Their cheap to buy and that's because their cheap period.

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 at 4:39 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
Tioga tires have got to be in the top 3 crap tire if not the worse. Their cheap to buy and that's because their cheap period.

yes , there not the best in the world , there very heavy aswell

Posted: Dec 13, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
holy crap, sorry i asked, just thought the "new" physco genius ( mtn. bike action gave it a good review ) seemed to be a tire to try, some companies do get their act together

Posted: Dec 14, 2010 at 19:24 Quote
lovemyride wrote:
holy crap, sorry i asked, just thought the "new" physco genius ( mtn. bike action gave it a good review ) seemed to be a tire to try, some companies do get their act together
The new Psycho Genius is a very good tire. I have had a set since October.

If your LBS does not have them they can get them.

The previous replies are uninformed, to say the least.

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 0:05 Quote
shiggy wrote:
lovemyride wrote:
The new Physco Genius is a very good tire. I have had a set since October.

The previous replies are uniformed, to say the least.

what do you mean there "uniformed to say the least " ??

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 4:22 Quote
lloydie123 wrote:
shiggy wrote:
lovemyride wrote:
The new Physco Genius is a very good tire. I have had a set since October.

The previous replies are uniformed, to say the least.

what do you mean there "uniformed to say the least " ??

I think he's just having trouble to spell that's all. Rolleyes

But to get back with Tioga, I'm not UNINFORMED or lack info on their tires. I rolled on theme and many others but now they all went to recycling seeing that's how good they are and couldn't even give them away.

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 5:49 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
lloydie123 wrote:
shiggy wrote:
The new Psycho Genius is a very good tire. I have had a set since October.

The previous replies are uninformed, to say the least.

what do you mean there "uninformed to say the least " ??

But to get back with Tioga, I'm not UNINFORMED or lack info on their tires. I rolled on theme and many others but now they all went to recycling seeing that's how good they are and couldn't even give them away.
When is the last time you have used a Tioga tire?

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 6:14 Quote
Never used the tyre myself, but this is the review from MBUK, (top UK bike magazine), which came out today.

"Once dominant brand Tioga are coming back into the game, with their reversed compound logic creating a distinctive all-rounder in the Psycho Genius

The triangular AI tread knobs are an extension of the sipe idea that enables a knob to split and widen according to load, with a three-way tapered depth split designed so that each knob distends and increases area in the loaded direction. it feels grippier than a standard medium compound tyre under straight line braking and driving, even in really wet conditions. It's predictable across rocks and random debris when it's upright, and is also buoyant over impacts for its size. It rolls OK too.

Tioga's unconventional compound model means the harder side knobs slip on angled roots and wet rocks though, and leaning into corners is a gamble.

3/5. Impressively buoyant with good upright grip and reasonable speed."

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/PSYCHOGenius-2011-update-med.jpg
Sipes are literally the cuts put into the top of lugs for those who are wondering! Lugs are referred to as "knobs" in that review!

But like I said, never ridden them myself, just thought I'd share this review.

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 7:44 Quote
crunchss wrote:
Never used the tyre myself, but this is the review from MBUK, (top UK bike magazine), which came out today.

"Once dominant brand Tioga are coming back into the game, with their reversed compound logic creating a distinctive all-rounder in the Psycho Genius

The triangular AI tread knobs are an extension of the sipe idea that enables a knob to split and widen according to load, with a three-way tapered depth split designed so that each knob distends and increases area in the loaded direction. it feels grippier than a standard medium compound tyre under straight line braking and driving, even in really wet conditions. It's predictable across rocks and random debris when it's upright, and is also buoyant over impacts for its size. It rolls OK too.

Tioga's unconventional compound model means the harder side knobs slip on angled roots and wet rocks though, and leaning into corners is a gamble.

3/5. Impressively buoyant with good upright grip and reasonable speed."

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/PSYCHOGenius-2011-update-med.jpg
Sipes are literally the cuts put into the top of lugs for those who are wondering! Lugs are referred to as "knobs" in that review!

But like I said, never ridden them myself, just thought I'd share this review.
That's the one. Available only since mid-September.

In the dry the firmer edge knobs grip very well as they do not fold over. I have not used the tire in the wet.

Posted: Dec 15, 2010 at 17:25 Quote
shiggy wrote:
Rigaud wrote:
lloydie123 wrote:

what do you mean there "uninformed to say the least " ??

I tried different models from April to October of this year and even this review posted shows a so so rating. 3/5 rating is on the low side for my liking and just my opinion but I respect others who like product in the low to mid range category.

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 13:33 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
shiggy wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

I tried different models from April to October of this year and even this review posted shows a so so rating. 3/5 rating is on the low side for my liking and just my opinion but I respect others who like product in the low to mid range category.

But no time on the tire in question? I rate it higher than MBUK. No issues with leaning the tire and grip. Generally, the harder you push the tire, the greater the grip, which is what the siped tread is designed to do.

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 13:38 Quote
Rigaud wrote:

I seriously cant beleive what you just said. For hardtail dj/part/street bikes i think you will find that tioga powerblocks and the fs100's are some of the best tyres out there.

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 16:40 Quote
laurencethorpe wrote:
Rigaud wrote:

I seriously cant beleive what you just said. For hardtail dj/part/street bikes i think you will find that tioga powerblocks and the fs100's are some of the best tyres out there.

Yep, the square blocks I have too from Tioga and again their just entry level tires also very heavy. And it's just an opinion after more then 30 plus years riding anything any bike. I'm no expert but I know what grips and what doesn't, those square blocks are stiff and stay away from wet surfaces.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014746
Mobile Version of Website