Would this DHX RC4 work Well on my bike?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Would this DHX RC4 work Well on my bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2010 at 18:17 Quote
I have a 2010 Giant Faith 0 and it comes with a RS Vivid 5.1. I am looking to upgrade to a DHX RC4 and the 2010 Giant Glory 0 has the exact same size shock as my bike. My question is, how well would this shock transfer over in regards to tuning? Would the shock be tuned similar enough to the faith since they have the same suspension design or would the shock feel like crap without being tuned for that specific bike?

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 3:06 Quote
it will work fine
just need the right eye to eye and correct stroke lenght

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:16 Quote
The eye to eye and stroke length is the same. But would the fact that it's tuned for a glory effect it's performance on a faith?

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:24 Quote
brandon22111 wrote:
The eye to eye and stroke length is the same. But would the fact that it's tuned for a glory effect it's performance on a faith?

i think since the faith is a freeride bike the shoke will have a stiffer tune and wont be as plush as the stock shock on the glory.

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:27 Quote
jon-15 wrote:
brandon22111 wrote:

i think since the faith is a freeride bike the shoke will have a stiffer tune and wont be as plush as the stock shock on the glory.
Do you think it could be tuned to feel awesome. I have heard the dhx rc4 sucks unless it's tuned for your bike so do
You think I could tune it perecty for the faith or would it never get the top performance?

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:40 Quote
you could definitely tune to your faith, you would need to know how to do it correctly

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
Lol I have no idea how I would do it. How much do you think a LBS would charge?

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:45 Quote
Do you think It would for sure have to be tuned quite a bit?

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 21:49 Quote
well you could ride not tuned, but it all depends how you it feels. not sure how much your lbs charges but mine its like 30-40 bucks or more depending on the extensiveness of the tune.

Posted: Dec 10, 2010 at 23:04 Quote
[Quote="brandon22111 I have heard the dhx rc4 sucks unless it's tuned for your bike [/Quote]

Every shock on the market will suck unless its tuned for your bike AND riding style. The vivid you have on there now will be terrible if its not setup right. And every rider likes it a little bit differnet so theres no such thing as "2 clicks here and 7 clicks there and its set". You'll have to adjust it yourself if you want it to be right for you. I'm sure you can get a setup/adjustment manual off the internet somewhere.

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
brandon22111 wrote:
Do you think It would for sure have to be tuned quite a bit?
It would only be a problem if any of the adjusters is out of range for you/your bike, but that internal "tune" could be changed by Fox or PUSH anyway.

Adjusting it - ideally if you take the time to learn how (read the manual a lot), then you should be able to dial it in perfectly (eventually).

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010104
Mobile Version of Website