X-Fusion velvet

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
X-Fusion velvet
Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 7:48 Quote
I have the 2011 velvets that I have been riding for 3 months, and I now have that same noise coming from the top of the Station. Anybody find a fix for this??

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 13:16 Quote
Dlock wrote:
I have the 2011 velvets that I have been riding for 3 months, and I now have that same noise coming from the top of the Station. Anybody find a fix for this??

Yep get a real fork.

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 17:00 Quote
Dlock wrote:

I have the same problem. Sounds like a creaking coming from the headset. I reseated the headset and that did not help. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 17:03 Quote
Can you describe the noise?
Ive had a subtle clicking noise, but im pretty sure that's coming from my headset, and I haven't taken a look at it yet...
I've been riding my velvet for about 2 or 3 months yet. Been very solid for me.

Posted: Nov 16, 2011 at 17:12 Quote
They are known to creak at the crown.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 7:04 Quote
Yep, its a creaking at the crown. Gonna call them today and see what they say.

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 10:27 Quote
Talked with Xfusion today. They say it is the press fit of the steer tube into the crown. Told me it is nothing to worry about and to flip the bike over and drop some oil into the fit. Sounds a little sketchy to me....

Posted: Nov 17, 2011 at 14:10 Quote
Dlock wrote:
Talked with Xfusion today. They say it is the press fit of the steer tube into the crown. Told me it is nothing to worry about and to flip the bike over and drop some oil into the fit. Sounds a little sketchy to me....

I think it comes from the stanchions into crown not the steerer. It's kind of sketchy either way.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 16:00 Quote
mcad012310 wrote:
Dlock wrote:

I think it comes from the stanchions into crown not the steerer. It's kind of sketchy either way.

Called them back, Your right. If it was the steer tube into the crown I was just going to weld it. But I think the stantions are magnesium, which must be tigged, and you dont really have a place to weld them.

Posted: Nov 19, 2011 at 21:22 Quote
Dlock wrote:
the same thing happened to me. You have to send it back for warrenty. After that happened i cracked mine at the crown. Its super light but is not ment for street or djs. Frown

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 16:45 Quote
Dlock wrote:
pimpmytrail wrote:
Dlock wrote:
the same thing happened to me. You have to send it back for warrenty. After that happened i cracked mine at the crown. Its super light but is not ment for street or djs. Frown

Did you tell them you DJ the bike? I have the small cracks in mine now and I think I am going to send it back for warranty. Supposebly they have a newer crown that wont crack. Kinda scared they will not warranty if I tell them I dj?? But they advertise Aaron Chase riding these on youtube....
I told them i had a really hard fall on a rock garden riding xc and it broke.

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 at 17:09 Quote
Dlock wrote:
pimpmytrail wrote:
Dlock wrote:

Did you tell them you DJ the bike? I have the small cracks in mine now and I think I am going to send it back for warranty. Supposebly they have a newer crown that wont crack. Kinda scared they will not warranty if I tell them I dj?? But they advertise Aaron Chase riding these on youtube....

Why would you tell anyone if you dj? Facepalm

Posted: Nov 22, 2011 at 8:21 Quote
Dlock wrote:
dchill wrote:
Dlock wrote:

Why would you tell anyone if you dj? Facepalm

I wouldnt tell them, but when they see its lowered to 80mm I think they may get a clue. XC dont usually lower there forks.. Facepalm

Yes, but those forks are super easy to adjust. Plus most XC forks are 80-100 mm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015256
Mobile Version of Website