SX Trail 2 vS Stinky Primo

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
SX Trail 2 vS Stinky Primo
Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 22:04 Quote
if u like big drops and dh and the occasionaly fr, the stinky primo. if u wanna dj and flowy fr more than dh and big drops, sx. i would personally go with the stinky primo and mayb buy a 66 so its sc. then the primo would be good for fr too

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 4:42 Quote
maczo wrote:
That was done in 2007 Smile 2008 have only changed painting Smile

You are wrong. 2007 added just a small gusset to the old chainstay/yoke design, but for 2008 the construction was redesigned. Go to MTBR forums to see photos and confirmation by JakeWake from Specialized.

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 4:45 Quote
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=345562

"The Chainstay on the 2008 SX Trail and SX is all NEW. It is a symmetrical design that is the most durable design to date and does not require a gusset."

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
Yeah sorry i see Wink . But this change make only that chainstays dont need gusset .

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
Well it should basically eliminate the weakest "link" in the frame. There have been several guys who have snapped the non-drive side chainstay, atleast on 2006 frames. If I would be buying a SX Trail now, especially for heavy freeride, I would definately get the 2008 model, even if just for the peace of mind..

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 7:37 Quote
I think they do it for reduce the mass Smile .

Posted: Jan 4, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
the sx will be your best bet, easily strong enough for the drops your after and good for fr and dh, because you want to fr it the sx will let you learn tricks better

Posted: Jan 5, 2008 at 15:40 Quote
Coming from a guy who rode a 2007 kona stinky primo for last season, they are nice machines... strong as hell! But if you are concerned at all by weight: get the sx trail. Just thought i would ad that, my kona is around the 40+ weight, and the sx i puchased is 35... that summed it up for me.

Posted: Jan 24, 2008 at 3:37 Quote
have you decided yet.

theres only one reason the sx feels nimbler,shorter wheelbase.

people seem to forget the sx was derived from and enduro bike,everything specialized do is a compromise or an idea they have already put a lot of r&d into and tweaked the design a bit.

demo 7 was a compromise specialized have been losing money from day one on the demo 8 platform so have revised the design and brought you the demo 7,im not a specialized hater i was going to buy a demo 7 but for me the toptubes were to short,it is also evident in the fact that they use the same length shocks,specialized should have redisigned the demo 7 so it used the same shock but lower leverage ratio.

and for anyone who thinks that faux bar is old the fsr or horst link is older,and specialized stole the idea from a amp and used there corporate clout to patent it.

Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
mitchum wrote:
kmarsh wrote:
Kona's suck ass. Get the sx.

Specialzeds suck ass. Get the Primo.

retard

try to ride both and then make a choice, dont listen to retards with one word answers that invole kona sucking ass or being gay(why a mountain bikes sexual orientation involves its quality is unknown to me)

i love my stinky, it feels nice, i like the stand over. i have never rode an SX so im not commenting on them.
wtf you have no right to call this kid a retard pinkbikepnk isn't for posers like you

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
jaime95 wrote:
mitchum wrote:
kmarsh wrote:
Kona's suck ass. Get the sx.

Specialzeds suck ass. Get the Primo.

retard

try to ride both and then make a choice, dont listen to retards with one word answers that invole kona sucking ass or being gay(why a mountain bikes sexual orientation involves its quality is unknown to me)

i love my stinky, it feels nice, i like the stand over. i have never rode an SX so im not commenting on them.
wtf you have no right to call this kid a retard pinkbikepnk isn't for posers like you

No actually he has every right to call him a retard people who just pop on and say "get the sx kona's suck ass" are just plain ol stupid if your gunna post under some ones thread asking which bike to buy at least drop a few comments that support what your saying

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 14:07 Quote
ride both, than make you choice. but for the kind of riding your going to be doing. i personally would go with the stinky. im sure an sx can take those kinds of drops, but i think the stinky will hold up better and will keep coming back fore more. i also see more people racing dh on stinkys than sx's so that might answer the dh question. both are sick bikes. you cant really go wrong

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
hey, okay so this is what going on

the guy i know at my lbs is selling his 2007 stinky primo w/ extra rear sun ringle demon hub for 2000$...BUT.. i was planning on building a 2008 SX 2 Trail. the reason i'm builing it up is because if my mom/dad saw the price of the whole bike at once, they would flip, so this way it makes it look cheaper.

i do a bit of everything, freeride, some dh, lot of north shore riding. i dont plan on doing anything over like 25+ feet drops. nothing TOO big.

the thing is, this is gonna be my first fully. i'd tried the sx trail and it rides like a dream. unbelieveable. and i'm trying the stinky primo on monday.

it seems everyone says that the stinky primo is for like allout down hill, biggershit, so is it better if i go with my idea and build the sx? i have specs if needed.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
sx trail for sure,the stinky can be a bit of a slog to pedal,more efort needed than my demo.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 13:18 Quote
markstoklosa wrote:
hey, okay so this is what going on

the guy i know at my lbs is selling his 2007 stinky primo w/ extra rear sun ringle demon hub for 2000$...BUT.. i was planning on building a 2008 SX 2 Trail. the reason i'm builing it up is because if my mom/dad saw the price of the whole bike at once, they would flip, so this way it makes it look cheaper.

i do a bit of everything, freeride, some dh, lot of north shore riding. i dont plan on doing anything over like 25+ feet drops. nothing TOO big.

the thing is, this is gonna be my first fully. i'd tried the sx trail and it rides like a dream. unbelieveable. and i'm trying the stinky primo on monday.

it seems everyone says that the stinky primo is for like allout down hill, biggershit, so is it better if i go with my idea and build the sx? i have specs if needed.
sx all the way bro

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013135
Mobile Version of Website