Go pro vs. Contour

PB Forum :: Downhill
Go pro vs. Contour
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 13:21 Quote
contours already come withe a safety snap/string thing, that keep the mount and the camera connected

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:18 Quote
So the camera is attached to the mount and the string to the camera and then to the mount? What if the mount's adhesive fails? GoPros come with a string/leash thing as well, If I'm biking and its attached to the frame I leash it to the frame as a backup if I'm worried about it.

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
There's no need to be worried about a contour falling off. I imagine GoPro is very stable as well. I have never had a problem.

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
wow im stupid. yeah i guess if the mount comees off then the camera comes off. but yeah there is no need to worry.

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:29 Quote
just to let you all know we can have chest mounts. i did not make this
contour chest mount home made by me

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
If im honest. drift hd is better. but anyway gopro is better than contour.

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 14:36 Quote
Very true, that works. That is one place where the contour is NOT more compact than the GoPro however. Looks like it feels a bit clunky

Yea, haven't heard anything from Drift http://driftinnovation.com/drift-hd-action-camera/

Looks like a solid competitor

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 22:21 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
One more thing, and I don't mean to spam ... Contour + is $499 and is rated at 5 megapixels for stills ... GoPro HD 2 is rated at 11 megapixels and is only $299. Not to mention a huge variety of new settings and features, my favorite the frames rates of up to 120 fps. The only thing Contours have over GoPro at this moment is GPS and a rotating lens.

I'd just like to make the point that 99% of the people on this website will a) NEVER print a photo taken on their camera in a size where resolution above 3.2 MgP will make a difference, b) EVER realize the difference in an editor, or care when they do, or c) NEVER even edit or print their photos.

Posted: Dec 27, 2011 at 23:30 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Mtnrider001 wrote:
One more thing, and I don't mean to spam ... Contour + is $499 and is rated at 5 megapixels for stills ... GoPro HD 2 is rated at 11 megapixels and is only $299. Not to mention a huge variety of new settings and features, my favorite the frames rates of up to 120 fps. The only thing Contours have over GoPro at this moment is GPS and a rotating lens.

I'd just like to make the point that 99% of the people on this website will a) NEVER print a photo taken on their camera in a size where resolution above 3.2 MgP will make a difference, b) EVER realize the difference in an editor, or care when they do, or c) NEVER even edit or print their photos.

Guess I'm part of the 1% that realizes and appreciates the difference of a resolution over 3.2MP. I guess arguing megapixels was the wrong argument to pick with you. Maybe the fact 99% would like to spend less money for the same amount or more features. Like better frame rates, more time lapse options, viewing angle options ...soo on and so forth, looks for yourself.http://gopro.com/support/faq-hd-hero2-cameras/#2x-more-power

For 99% these arguments might win them over, but you sir are that 1% that only an argument for your side, for a Contour camera over a GoPro will work.

I like the Contour, its sleek and looks military grade. I like the GPS and rotating lens. I love the GoPro ... its versatility and the options packed into a tiny package for a great price. You Mr 1%, seem to love the Contour for the fact it is not a GoPro and I can not convince you otherwise

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 0:14 Quote
Contour + has many more advantages. Live streaming! External audio jack, rotating lens 270° You get what you pay for in the $200 difference

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 0:43 Quote
Straner wrote:
Contour + has many more advantages. Live streaming! External audio jack, rotating lens 270° You get what you pay for in the $200 difference

The GoPro 2 also has an external audio jack ... so does the new Drift. Have you compared the features of the competition? The new drift also has a LCD screen and rotating screen, why isn't anyone arguing for that?. The new GoPro remote will allow live streaming ... and remote control of up to 50 cameras.

But seriously, do you think that a rotating lens and the ability to live stream out of the box is worth $200? I'm not a psychiatrist but I'm detecting denial. Either that or you work for Contour and are held under contract to support it till death do you part

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.racerecall.com/myfiles/drift-HD-Size-comparison.jpg
photo

I admit it looks like a toaster ... but I do love that little toaster

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 6:50 Quote
Mtnrider001 wrote:
Straner wrote:

The GoPro 2 also has an external audio jack ... so does the new Drift. Have you compared the features of the competition? The new drift also has a LCD screen and rotating screen, why isn't anyone arguing for that?. The new GoPro remote will allow live streaming ... and remote control of up to 50 cameras.

But seriously, do you think that a rotating lens and the ability to live stream out of the box is worth $200? I'm not a psychiatrist but I'm detecting denial. Either that or you work for Contour and are held under contract to support it till death do you part

I admit it looks like a toaster ... but I do love that little toaster
I don't work for contour. I realize the GoPro has upsides to it as well. I haven't gone on to each website and compared I'm just going by what I know off hand. How much does this remote control cost? And its not just the rotating lens and live streaming. GPS and bluetooth come with it too. The bluetooth is one of the best ideas. Very useful. I personally have a Contour GPS and I love how simple it is and all the little things you can do, not to mention that contour has more technical benefits to get the perfect image. And I haven't heard of these drift HD cameras. Might have to look into one. Probably cheaper. The reason nobody is on top of them though is how well the company gets their name out. GoPro and Contour are paying so many pros to use their cameras and Drift obviously fell a little behind. And of course we all want what the pros are using, right?

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 7:09 Quote
the remote comes in-box with the Drift. Useful for setting it up as a static camera on some feature then triggering it when the rider goes by, IQ is similar to Contour. Has a tripod mount option so it can use RAM mounts or the Gopro tripod mount. Best dark shots performance imo

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 at 7:51 Quote
mr-ronton wrote:
From a gopro Wink
yeah i kinow. i was just saying if you really want one you can have one lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011756
Mobile Version of Website