2003 Marzocchi Monster T Adjustment issue?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2003 Marzocchi Monster T Adjustment issue?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2011 at 3:12 Quote
JayTom20 wrote:
hey guys... is there any way i can tell the exact year my monster t was produced??? i traded my drop off triples for some and the guy who i done the swap with told me they are 2000, but ive not been able to find a 2000 with the same decals

Not as far as I am aware. The decals are the only way to tell. Doesnt matter if they are 2000 or 2006 though as they will last forever anyway lol.

Posted: May 29, 2011 at 11:41 Quote
socast01 wrote:
JayTom20 wrote:
hey guys... is there any way i can tell the exact year my monster t was produced??? i traded my drop off triples for some and the guy who i done the swap with told me they are 2000, but ive not been able to find a 2000 with the same decals

Not as far as I am aware. The decals are the only way to tell. Doesnt matter if they are 2000 or 2006 though as they will last forever anyway lol.

Jailbreak ive found it... inside each leg (just above where the axle is) there is a date stamp, mine says 98.

i know they are bombproof, ive hammered mine on some really rough stuff. im considering sending mine to tf tuned for a proper service as i don't feel they are as good as they could be, that plus the guy i got them from said they'd need a service soon

Posted: Oct 4, 2011 at 21:03 Quote
hey guys i have a 2003 monster t2 is there any way to bleed the air out of the fork

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 at 4:54 Quote
tapsmaj wrote:
hey guys i have a 2003 monster t2 is there any way to bleed the air out of the fork

I cant remember if they have the bleed screw on the top cap.
If not just loosen the top cap from the stanchion and the air will release

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 12:40 Quote
Long live the Monster!!

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 3:46 Quote
Ramstein, I'm having the same problem as you with the rebound even with my monster and super monster. The y524163 part solve that?

Regards,
Ricardo

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 10:05 Quote
RicardoES wrote:
Ramstein, I'm having the same problem as you with the rebound even with my monster and super monster. The y524163 part solve that?

Regards,
Ricardo

Hey Ricardo

Well yes if the part is warn , as i is a very small bushing from the motocross shiver's which have the
same internals as the monsters.
Also please be aware these can not be tested in a parking lot as they are SSV , speed sensative valving.
Meaning they will only work whist being used.
So just set all the dials in the middle .
Left side is bottom out compression which can be tested whist submerged in the leg with oil and easy to adjust.
The dials are really only for precission tuning.

Hope this helps also the part code is for marzocchi shiver piston ring and are only about £6.00

Hope this helps

Jay

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 16:04 Quote
Old thread but thought i will give my 2 cents - 2002 monster cartridge is 100% not sealed as I have picked one up today :-)

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 17:15 Quote
Hey why mine Monster T2 are so soft in jumps, all 200mm, Springs? This have adjustments?

Posted: Jan 8, 2017 at 9:12 Quote
Could be both.

Landfishbowl wrote:
Hey why mine Monster T2 are so soft in jumps, all 200mm, Springs? This have adjustments?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022806
Mobile Version of Website