Marzocchi roco tst loud click when compressed?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi roco tst loud click when compressed?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 7:21 Quote
my kona stinky that is a month and a bit old, ridden pretty often
the problem is the rear shock, which is a marocchi roco tst
today i landed a small jump quite hard, only a small jump
the rear shock began to make a very loud clicking sound as it goes down the first inch of travel or so,
the harder you push the shock the more noise it makes,
i thought it could be a piece of grit stuck somewhere on the coil, but after washing the bike it still makes the noise

iv found that when the TST adjustment is on the softest setting the click is there, and the other two adjustments there is no noise no matter how hard you push the shock,

what do people think could be the problem?
or if you have had the same problem with this shock or other shocks?

thanks

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:27 Quote
Dont know if it would help but put it on the softest setting, turn the rebound all the way to the slowest take it down the road make sure you bounce on it and that and yeah just try it its worth a shot Smile

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
iGoogleBikez wrote:
Dont know if it would help but put it on the softest setting, turn the rebound all the way to the slowest take it down the road make sure you bounce on it and that and yeah just try it its worth a shot Smile

what would that do?, iv got it on the next settin up from what i normally use and its stopped clicking , really anoying problem, i havnt played with the rebound yet so ill give that a twiddle

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
I dont know what it would do but it worked with my Toras once, they had a clunking noise at to end of travel so i put it on the softest setting and slowest rebound, took it for a ride down the road. I then set it back to its original setup and they was fine Smile

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:32 Quote
iGoogleBikez wrote:
I dont know what it would do but it worked with my Toras once, they had a clunking noise at to end of travel so i put it on the softest setting and slowest rebound, took it for a ride down the road. I then set it back to its original setup and they was fine Smile
its more of a click after i did cased the second jump on the berm run, is really loud on the shocks softest setting

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:34 Quote
It still shouldnt make the noise after a case :/
Ring up the italiano Marzocchi haha

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:38 Quote
looks like a common problem with that shock, people have fixed it by drainin the preload and pumpin it back up to the right PSI

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:40 Quote
hardtailfreeride2 wrote:
looks like a common problem with that shock, people have fixed it by drainin the preload and pumpin it back up to the right PSI

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:47 Quote
iGoogleBikez wrote:
hardtailfreeride2 wrote:
Shouldnt be having to do that though, is it coved under warranty ?
empty the air out fill it back up , im not sending to marzocchi for them to do that
always try the quick fix first

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:48 Quote
Yeah i was just wondering if that would be covered under warranty if the worst happened.

Posted: Dec 28, 2010 at 12:51 Quote
iGoogleBikez wrote:
Yeah i was just wondering if that would be covered under warranty if the worst happened.

yeah its an adjustment is the air preload so i can play around with it

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 3:30 Quote
Its problem whit the air, there are enaught air. You must pump the air in the shock. There must bee 12 to 15 bar ore psi(i dont remember, just locking in internet )

Posted: Dec 29, 2010 at 3:47 Quote
Get it serviced as soon as possible !! My TST R started doing that, but I ignored it, and after 2 days in the french alps, it started pissing out oil and lost all rebound control. I had to spend more money than if I had just got it serviced strait away. And there was air in it. It was a problem with the internal seals or something like that.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010095
Mobile Version of Website