Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 16:21 Quote
mayo-22 wrote:
photo

There must be a ride report on the internets somewhere.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 13:14 Quote
Kingdom Vendetta X2 medium @ 140mm travel, 155mm cranks

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 13:34 Quote
New cockpit/trying new tires before the races in a couple weeks, I finally caught up on the hardtail and managed to score a new PR on a few trails since I sold my Enduro Big Grin I still need a dropper though, I just can't decide which one.

New Atlas bar stem grip set up Specialized Phenom seat and WTB Convict 2.5 Breakout 2.3 set up before race season. I still really need a dropper..

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
ledude wrote:

photo

photo

photo
That thing is so nice man tup
Would be straight off to the sexiest thread if someone hadn't already posted it Wink

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 13:46 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
ledude wrote:

photo
That thing is so nice man tup
Would be straight off to the sexiest thread if someone hadn't already posted it Wink

Thanks brother in metal! I aim to please.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 13:51 Quote
ledude wrote:

In that case you really need to send the fork to the UK to see how it looks fitted to an older Kingdom. Just for research purposes. You can use my slightly ageing 350 in the meantime. Promise I'll give it back Razz

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 13:58 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
ledude wrote:

In that case you really need to send the fork to the UK to see how it looks fitted to an older Kingdom. Just for research purposes. You can use my slightly ageing 350 in the meantime. Promise I'll give it back Razz

You can get these there from what I hear.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
ledude wrote:

photo

photo

photo

Awesome dude.

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 18:12 Quote
Got frame and gx eagle... Building both sets of wheels tonight. Arc 45 27.5 on giant (dt Swiss) straight pull hubs and Stan's flow mk3 29 on generic front hub and boosted atomlab 102 rear hub. MRP ribbon coil isn't due till October tho!

photo

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 21:17 Quote
Yes that kingdom is fantastic Drool

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 21:55 Quote
yummy that kingdom...first batch was a steal for 899gbp

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
ledude wrote:
155mm cranks

Is the BB THAT low? Or do you like short cranks?

Posted: Sep 12, 2017 at 22:28 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
ledude wrote:
155mm cranks

Is the BB THAT low? Or do you like short cranks?

The BB on the Vendetta is actually very respectable...30mm, which is stock geo from the x2...the LS allows customization of that spec.

I just like short cranks, so that's how they wound up on the frame.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 3:14 Quote
I was doodling in class and I was drawing forks and I started wondering why fork manufacturers put the offset at 90 degrees to the path of travel. if they tilted the entire system back and achieved the same offset, it seems like the fork would put less stress on seals be more sensitive to flat edged bumps. The only drawback might be that the fork would have to be longer because you are placing the dropout directly below the fork. I did some math and in order to to hit the same axle point, a 542mm axle to crown would be 544 mm axle to crown with no offset. Anyone have any opinions on this I would like to hear them.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 3:22 Quote
One small German fork manufacturer does exactly that, mostly to save weight, I think.
But their forks are generally flawed...

I think it would reduce responsiveness, though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.027717
Mobile Version of Website