slaker wrote:
Who makes Shorty's?

Maxxis

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 9:15 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
Who makes Shorty's?

Maxxis

They're like a cut spike.Great for mud and probably good on really dusty trails too, but best avoided on hardpack trails, unless you're into the sensation of riding on marbles.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 9:20 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
In my opinion Ragley has the best major brand line up going. Pricepoint to product its pretty hard to beat. And if you’ve thrown a leg over the new gen you know. if I had the spare cash a big wig build would be nice. They could easily get another season out of current geo. Only thing I’d change is seat tube height. Slam it and plunk a long travel dropper....

You know it bro tup

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 9:33 Quote
metaam wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
Who makes Shorty's?

Maxxis

They're like a cut spike.Great for mud and probably good on really dusty trails too, but best avoided on hardpack trails, unless you're into the sensation of riding on marbles.

Been good on the rear at 2.3 - good bite in the shit, minion 2.5 up front (non WT)

Reason mentioned was for @slaker for use on bigger rims. The WT (Wide Trail) version would be the one for you bro - Steel Switchback ..love that colour

Looking at some Velocity Blunts SS with i9 hubs, we will see

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
Loving the engagement on my new I9 setuP, and no need for a bell to let people know your coming up behind them, just back pedal a half revolution and they get out of the way.

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 10:00 Quote
slaker wrote:
Loving the engagement on my new I9 setuP, and no need for a bell to let people know your coming up behind them, just back pedal a half revolution and they get out of the way.

My riding buddy likes to 'buzz' tup

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:16 Quote
[Quote="Soupherb"]
metaam wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Maxxis

Been good on the rear at 2.3 - good bite in the shit, minion 2.5 up front (non WT)

Reason mentioned was for @slaker for use on bigger rims. The WT (Wide Trail) version would be the one for you bro - Steel Switchback ..love that colour

Are you using EXO casing? I've been wondering how these hd up on a hardtail...

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:54 Quote
[Quote="walterwhyte"]
Soupherb wrote:
metaam wrote:

Are you using EXO casing? I've been wondering how these hd up on a hardtail...
Yes EXO casing is durable as f*ck, Many rim strikes on minions with no flats.......

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 13:03 Quote
2.3 dhf's on 35mm ID rim works very well, On the old steel Switchbacks there is not much clearance in the stays so 2.4 dhr is max I can fit but I have 2 brand new 2.3's so thats what I will use for now, I am running the 2.5 wide trail dhf's on my ti Switchback on 30mm ID rims and really like them as well.

This is a pretty well used 2.3 on wide rim I used over the winter Ends up being a well tracking and very flat resistant profile.
photo

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 13:26 Quote
Probably pretty done with this now, only thing left is to ride it as hard as possible.
photo

photo

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
Sounds like a great plan. Looks awesome.

Posted: May 25, 2018 at 17:49 Quote
photo

Just built up and waiting for the rain to stop

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019170
Mobile Version of Website