Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 6:55 Quote
MattyPugh wrote:
People with a Cotic BFE, how capable are they? with a 160mm is a downhill style track thrasher like they say?

Tempted to get one, want a hardtail that will ride all the mad stuff like my full sus does. (in a hardtail way ofc)

Geo good on the Cotic, so expect good feedback

Lots of debate on 160mm being 'too much travel' - you either like it or you dont, personally, it's a lot of travel for where I ride, but, it's what I am used to - however, all my other hardtails are 150mm or less .. pedalling round an overforked bike is unnecessary, performance gains don't really come into it - yet, others will say different

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 7:51 Quote
Moor travel is moor better!! lol

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 8:43 Quote
My Honzo Ti. Nothing out of the ordinary, a lot of Hope stuff (cranks, pedals,V4s, hubs etc.), Light Bike 30mm rims, Chromag cockpit & Trailmaster Ltd. saddle (cheers again fartymarty!), XTR shifter, SLX mech, X01 cassette, Pike @ 150mm with Vorsprung Luftkappe.
It all works very well and I feel completely at home on it!

Kona Honzo Ti
  Kona Honzo Ti

Kona Honzo Ti
  Kona Honzo Ti

Kona Honzo Ti
  Kona Honzo Ti

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:25 Quote
slope wrote:

More travel more change in geo

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:38 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
slope wrote:

More travel more change in geo
Get a fox talas, more travel and less travel.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 9:55 Quote
Yo NumbSkull, - how you finding the Hope cranks to hold up?
I've wrecked a set of RF Turbines at the axle splin, arm end interface see and wondering if I can go for a warranty upgrade difference type thing.

Do Hope cranks fit threaded 73mm BBs with standard crank axle size?

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:01 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
I've wrecked a set of RF Turbines at the axle splin, arm end interface see and wondering if I can go for a warranty upgrade difference type thing.

Hope cranks are proprietary in that they only fit Hope components..they are not compatible with RF or any other brands.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:06 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:

I really like them, they seem pretty bomb proof and the claim is that the crank/spindle interface won’t wear out. My only gripe is the faff and umpteen tools to get them on and off.
They have a 30mm axle but will fit 73mm shells with the right BB.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:26 Quote
cheers am going to fit with a Hope BB anyway as want all the RF kak off my bike.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:45 Quote
What’d you do to wreck the turbines?? Not have them tightened enough??

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:14 Quote
MattyPugh wrote:
People with a Cotic BFE, how capable are they?
Only thrown a leg over one briefly, but rode with a guy who happily hit Gawton DH trails and some other fairly gnarly stuff on his very happily.
He was a bit of an all-round beast though - got the impression he'd have still ridden the same stuff on a £99 Halfords bike lol

@Numbskull that is a sexy looking Honzo you have there dude tup

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:38 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
cheers am going to fit with a Hope BB anyway as want all the RF kak off my bike.

Fair play! RF Atlas crankset was the only one I’ve ever had trouble with, the arm came loose where it was bonded to the spindle.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
Thanks OneBanana! I’m really enjoying it.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 12:45 Quote
numbskull22 wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

Fair play! RF Atlas crankset was the only one I’ve ever had trouble with, the arm came loose where it was bonded to the spindle.

Yeah I think this is what happened tbh that the non driveside which is fixed came unbounded as my lbs where I bought them from said they have seen a few guys back in with the same issue and heard of issues elsewhere.
As long as I get upgraded to a different brand of cranks tbh as their RF BBs suck donkey dick good n proper.

Might plump for difference to Hope, dunno yet, as plans on a new build on my existing Ti frame kinda is taking priority but both should in my opinion, just gotta let the coin roll in bit by bit to shell out on the kit to then let the build commence.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
I had a similar issue with my NDS crank bolt came lose and would never stay tight even torqued. I ended upgrading to SRAM GX with the new DUB BB. Beefy and strong.

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022298
Mobile Version of Website