Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 12:10 Quote
Lt-Scallywag wrote:
I'm looking for a faster rolling tire combo for my rootdown BA. Currently have a DHF and DHR II and love the grip, but not the slowness. Was considering a DHF front and Agressor rear. Any suggestions?

Edit: The trails I ride are filled with roots, often times wet and slippery.

WTB Trail Boss is mega fast. Grip is decent for the amount of tread, even with the harder compound.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 3:14 Quote
Freaking love the Rekon DC 2.8 r / DHF 3c 2.8 f combo. Turned my HT into a short travel shred sled. I was a skeptic as well but I’m fully converted now. Only drawback has been the reduced B.B. height which I’ll solve on a future frame that will definitely be 27.5 2.8 compatible and 29 2.6.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 10:56 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Lt-Scallywag wrote:
I'm looking for a faster rolling tire combo for my rootdown BA. Currently have a DHF and DHR II and love the grip, but not the slowness. Was considering a DHF front and Agressor rear. Any suggestions?

Edit: The trails I ride are filled with roots, often times wet and slippery.

WTB Trail Boss is mega fast. Grip is decent for the amount of tread, even with the harder compound.
I usually just run the DHF front and rear that way when the rear is worn I can rotate the front to the rear and only have to buy one tire, I just now found out that they make the Agressor in a 2.5 so definitely would be a faster rolling tire out back.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 20:17 Quote
the shop only had my grips in green.... so its extra awes0me now.

cool thing I stumbled into today
Ride pics from today

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 3:31 Quote
Shiate, there’s a cougar buzzing your rear tyre ;-d

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:17 Quote
Anyone here ride their hardtail at Mountain Creek Bike Park in NJ? Everyone is telling me to rent a big boy bike instead of my riding my Honzo.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:40 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:
Anyone here ride their hardtail at Mountain Creek Bike Park in NJ? Everyone is telling me to rent a big boy bike instead of my riding my Honzo.

Never rode there but ride your Honzo!

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:51 Quote
Take the Honzo and 100$ if its too much head to the shop Smile

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:56 Quote
Need to upload pics of the Chameleon I built up. 29x2.6's are monstrous.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 9:59 Quote
browntown40 wrote:

What year frame? Out of curiosity. I checked one out at a shop last year and it was suspect to be able to fit anything above 29x2.25...

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Take the Honzo and 100$ if its too much head to the shop Smile

I like this idea.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 10:53 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
browntown40 wrote:

What year frame? Out of curiosity. I checked one out at a shop last year and it was suspect to be able to fit anything above 29x2.25...

The new B+/29ers. They have a fair amount on clearance, and I have the dropouts all the way in. The 2.6 is probably right at 2.5. I'll get some pics up later - need to install dropper and tidy up some things.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Just a well used bike after a storm.

Feels great riding once again.

Still waiting on the new chainring for the new cranks.

Also fresh after the storm that caught me on the trails.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Lookin real trippy slippy after rain on those slabs

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023660
Mobile Version of Website