Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Stumbled across this awesome hardtail video by a PB user.This I would call aggressive hardtail riding.
Views: 685    Faves: 18    Comments: 13

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
slaker wrote:
Stumbled across this awesome hardtail video by a PB user.This I would call aggressive hardtail riding.
Views: 685    Faves: 18    Comments: 13

f*ck yeah.. Those trails looked sick.. I am not sure if the trails were just not super smooth or hardtail pov effect.. Either way, I appreciate some flow trails that actually have some chunder.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 20:19 Quote
Or maybe like me he does not have a gimbal.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
hell yeah that was f*cking sick. big gaps on that one...and yeah those are not smooth trails. lots of rock in there.

Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 23:13 Quote
Yup...I'd call that Aggro riding as well...Kick a$$ vid.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
wrote:

Is that a trailmaster Ltd I spy?

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
That Banan video was rad. I've seen a few of his edits, dude rips.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
helmetjuice wrote:
willy970 wrote:

Haven't got to ride it on trail yet. But it was sweet on the ride home

I have one of these, size large, I got late September last year. I was coming from a Production Privee SHAN and expecting the heavier Stylus to be stiffer/harsher that the PP SHAN, but was surprised that the Stylus actually feels noticeably smoother than the SHAN. I really love the Stylus soooo much, it's just awesome!

Smoother than a Shan? How was your Shan set up?

Build is much the same on both. SHAN - 160 Lyrik (circa 2016), DT Swiss EX 1501 wheels, 2.5 Minions, Production Privee bars and stem. Stylus - 170 Lyrik (current debonAir Charger 2), DT Swiss E1700 wheels, 2.5 Minons, Chromag bars and stem. To be honest, the new Lyrik is so ridiculously smooth it probably affects the feel. For interest, I'm 6'2" about 110kg (243lb?) running 110psi in the older Lyrik vs 140psi in the new Lyrik to get the same support. The SHAN is pretty smooth, don't get me wrong. Just that the Stylus has kind of a more "damped" feel. The other day I dragged the SHAN out for a lap of our local trail, then took the Stylus out for the same lap, and yeah the Stylus does feel smoother. Pretty subjective I know, but the Stylus has a more solid, damped feel than the SHAN, and to me just feels smoother. I don't know, take that with a grain of salt... I guess if nothing else, you can be confident the heavy over-built Stylus frame is not harsh and stiff like you'd expect (like I was expecting).

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
helmetjuice wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
helmetjuice wrote:

I have one of these, size large, I got late September last year. I was coming from a Production Privee SHAN and expecting the heavier Stylus to be stiffer/harsher that the PP SHAN, but was surprised that the Stylus actually feels noticeably smoother than the SHAN. I really love the Stylus soooo much, it's just awesome!

Build is much the same on both. SHAN - 160 Lyrik (circa 2016), DT Swiss EX 1501 wheels, 2.5 Minions, Production Privee bars and stem. Stylus - 170 Lyrik (current debonAir Charger 2), DT Swiss E1700 wheels, 2.5 Minons, Chromag bars and stem. To be honest, the new Lyrik is so ridiculously smooth it probably affects the feel. For interest, I'm 6'2" about 110kg (243lb?) running 110psi in the older Lyrik vs 140psi in the new Lyrik to get the same support. The SHAN is pretty smooth, don't get me wrong. Just that the Stylus has kind of a more "damped" feel. The other day I dragged the SHAN out for a lap of our local trail, then took the Stylus out for the same lap, and yeah the Stylus does feel smoother. Pretty subjective I know, but the Stylus has a more solid, damped feel than the SHAN, and to me just feels smoother. I don't know, take that with a grain of salt... I guess if nothing else, you can be confident the heavy over-built Stylus frame is not harsh and stiff like you'd expect (like I was expecting).

Thanks for your reply. Very interesting.
What generation Shan do you have? 26" or 27.5?
Your Stylus is a 2018 model?
For its intentions, it does makes sense that the Stylus feels more damped than other hardtails.
Got any pics of your bikes?

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
helmetjuice wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Very interesting.
What generation Shan do you have? 26" or 27.5?
Your Stylus is a 2018 model?
For its intentions, it does makes sense that the Stylus feels more damped than other hardtails.
Got any pics of your bikes?

The SHAN is the first 27.5 model, about 2014ish, XL. The Stylus is 2018, L.

2018 Chromag Stylus Large Green Curry
2018 Chromag Stylus, Large Green Curry

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 15:34 Quote
that green shan is so lovely Fab

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
I am definitely biased but the Shan is lovely and the Stylus looks like a gate painted by an autistic person

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
I actually prefer the stylus..

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037667
Mobile Version of Website