Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
Been riding my Stylus for 2 years now and I'm still stoked on it. Built it up with misc components so it's nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 20:10 Quote
That's nice!

So I popped into a local shop and this little number caught my eye. Its a Ferrous Prototype. The guy who works at the shop had his buddy weld up his geo for him. I think its really quite cool. He also is a wheel wizard and laced up some fancy twisters on this one...

Ferrous Prototype 63 HA

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
How do the welds and overall frame quality look to you?

700Pirate wrote:
<Deleted photo>
<Deleted photo>
I have not used the FS bike properly for a while. Bluepig rips. Nice change. Gone back to DMR Vault pedals. Burgtecs were nice but did not spin freely enough so put them back on the Supreme. Also the RF ARC30 wheels were 2.9kg front, 3.3kg rear with WTB 2.5/2.4 tough grip tires. Kind of heavy. Put some mavic 427s on with HR2/DHR2. 2.6kg front, 2.8kg rear.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 10:22 Quote

I have had three steel ragleys and can say they are some of the nicest best value for the buck you can get.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 11:38 Quote

Pretty pumped to try this out!

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

Sick ryan! Let me know how it rides, and if it's more comfortable than the hornet frame might swap out my frame as well.

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 15:27 Quote
jazzythemost wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

Sick ryan! Let me know how it rides, and if it's more comfortable than the hornet frame might swap out my frame as well.

Thanks man! I still have the Hornet built aswell so will ride them back to back and let you know the differences

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 16:59 Quote
I can tell you the Stylus will ride better!!

Posted: Apr 26, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
THanks! The 2019 seem to have different brake mounts and dropouts, etc which is why I asked. I was thinking they might be made in a different factory.

sterlingmagnum wrote:

I have had three steel ragleys and can say they are some of the nicest best value for the buck you can get.

Posted: Apr 27, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
slope wrote:
I can tell you the Stylus will ride better!!

Oh Yes for sure!

Ride the Stylus first and then insert a gumshield before riding the Hornet! Big Grin

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 7:55 Quote
Beatiful day for a ride yesterday at Buff Creek here in CO. Can't believe how good this bike is everywhere I ride. From XC Flow to Black Diamond DH, just so much fun.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 15:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
That's nice!

So I popped into a local shop and this little number caught my eye. Its a Ferrous Prototype. The guy who works at the shop had his buddy weld up his geo for him. I think its really quite cool. He also is a wheel wizard and laced up some fancy twisters on this one...

Ferrous Prototype 63 HA

Now this is pretty awesome.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
Installed a Huck Norris on my Switchback today. been riding some super chunk free ride stuff lately,I usually have to ride at least 28 psi in the rear on a 2.5 minion as not to pinch tires and ding rims... Really seemed to work, was getting away with murder at 24 psi.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 17:34 Quote
Barkit wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
That's nice!

Ferrous Prototype 63 HA

Now this is pretty awesome.
I liked this at first glimpse. Im usually not big on colored cables but it really works on this ride...The raw black and red looks amazing together.

Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
slaker wrote:
Installed a Huck Norris on my Switchback today. been riding some super chunk free ride stuff lately,I usually have to ride at least 28 psi in the rear on a 2.5 minion as not to pinch tires and ding rims... Really seemed to work, was getting away with murder at 24 psi.

Was using Huck Norris for a while. Recently switched to a tannus armor insert in the rear, I felt like it smoothed out the trail buzz a lot better. Did get a flat the other day... but Ive gotten plenty of flats with the Huck Norris too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022138
Mobile Version of Website