Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
hardtailhonk wrote:
XC tires and a flat bar.... I must be getting old Wink

Concerned how dry it is already in the PNW, hoping for a light fire season this year.

f*cking summertimes in the mountains, fire, smoke, giant hail, floods and landslides, gotta love global warming.But hoping for a less exciting summer for everyone.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
slope wrote:
The older I get the higher my rise.

Glad I'm not the only one lol

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 6:18 Quote
dagzin wrote:
slope wrote:

Lots of us out there, it's just the millennial's that get all the attention. Big Grin

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
slope wrote:
dagzin wrote:
slope wrote:

Lots of us out there, it's just the millennial's that get all the attention. Big Grin

Millennial here, never ridden a flat bar.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
Has someone got any pics of a XL RSD Middlechild or XL Ragley Mmmbop latest version.

Posted: May 12, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Dragging this over here so I don't clog the other thread.

May or may not have ordered one of these goonish things. Going to run it rigid in the winter as a daily rider, then swap on a fork come spring and make it into an MTB.

Was debating about making a drop bar MTB over the winter, and think I found the perfect project frame. Run it over winter with some fat ass tires and SS, then swap it to a real setup come summer with a suspension fork and drop bars. Wonder how rowdy that'll get!

That's looks about as slack a Lowside as I've ever seen. What size fork you running there? Sick build man.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
What tyres have people been able to run in the back of their Surge Evo's with a 27.5" wheel? Was hoping a 2.35" Hans Dampfe and 2.4" DHR2 WT would fit with a bit of room. I'd be running the drop out all the way back.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 17:53 Quote
Bikes do look better without droppers.

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
Views: 222    Faves: 2    Comments: 2

Posted: May 13, 2019 at 23:01 Quote
slaker wrote:
Views: 222    Faves: 2    Comments: 2

Nice work! That trail looks challenging!

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
mooboyj wrote:
What tyres have people been able to run in the back of their Surge Evo's with a 27.5" wheel? Was hoping a 2.35" Hans Dampfe and 2.4" DHR2 WT would fit with a bit of room. I'd be running the drop out all the way back.

I've been running a 2.6 Maxxis Forkaster (27.5) out back on mine, and its got enough clearance for my comfort...and with a rear fender in mud-season! I was pretty careful in selecting the rear tire though, if I remember correctly there were some 2.5 width tires that would have been problematic. Rim width will play a factor when you are fitting tires of this size in the frame. I have 30mm ID rims on mine.

Here's a pic:

NS Surge Evo and doggo

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 21:00 Quote
Does anyone know if this is a"patientZERO" ? It was posted somewhere a while back. ?

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 21:16 Quote
I bet it is. Seatstay brace, super thin seatstays, the way ST and DT join and the brace for the rear brake definitely look like his work.

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 21:28 Quote
Really like his work, I cant find a whole lot of info . Must be a small operation.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038227
Mobile Version of Website