Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Should be easy:


Fire also would work! Burn the logo's! Evil

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Should be easy:


I like pryo’s idea......

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 20:51 Quote
I wonder if they are frames that people have already paid Sick for?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 20:59 Quote
I don’t think so. I don’t think these were ever for sale.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 1:49 Quote
slaker wrote:
I wonder if they are frames that people have already paid Sick for?
Some of them are.
A guy posted on insta that one of them is for him and he would buy from Marino but he is still waiting for a refund from Sick.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
That would be the only way for Sick to solve the problem... refunding their clients as fast as possible and sending them to Marino for the frames...

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 2:47 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
I don’t think so. I don’t think these were ever for sale.

They were all pre-orders from the look of things. So Sick got paid for them but Marino didn’t.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 3:06 Quote
The best bit is Marino gets some good exposure and hopefully plenty of orders as a result.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
The best bit is Marino gets some good exposure and hopefully plenty of orders as a result.

Yes indeed! This can only be good for Marino!

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
ratcat wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
I don’t think so. I don’t think these were ever for sale.

They were all pre-orders from the look of things. So Sick got paid for them but Marino didn’t.

What a train wreck - Glad I got a refund once the writing was on the wall... Hope it's not too late for others!

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 20:38 Quote
First hardtail build. Its a Ragley MmmBop frame. I didn't have a lot of money to play with so it is very much a budget build, but it rips. Bike cost a little under a $1000 to build. I took it on its first ride today and couldn't believe how well it rode. My full suspension will be sitting int he garage more often for sure.

Specs:
Medium frame
suntour aion 35 boost fork
GX cranks
Microshift 9 speed drivetrain
Brand X dropper
Amazon bars and stem (Wave Brand)
Sun Ringle 37mm Wheels
2.8 WTB tires

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 20:42 Quote
Looks good... interested in your thoughts after some ride time on that microshift....

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
Yeh looks good!! You’ve done well for a budget build!

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Looks good... interested in your thoughts after some ride time on that microshift....

So far so good. Only 20 miles on it but works great. Super easy to set up. Derailleur is built like a tank. We will see if it holds up like one.

Two gripes so far: Adjustment screws are philips, not hex. I miss the cage lock button on the Sram for getting the wheel on and off.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030963
Mobile Version of Website