Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Gotchya dudes. I'm in the same boat, honestly, was just curious.

Will say the x0 cassette is absolutely killer and definitely worth the upgrade later down the road.

Given that X0 cassettes cost almost twice as much as GX, with no steps in between And GX cassettes are already pretty expensive, I think it makes sense that we see GX on so many gucci builds.

I suspect now that sunrace has 12 speed HD and XD options for around 75$ we’ll be seeing more of those as well. At least on my bike you will Wink

Where have you seen XD sunrace cassettes? That would be awesome but I haven't seen them anywhere.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

Given that X0 cassettes cost almost twice as much as GX, with no steps in between And GX cassettes are already pretty expensive, I think it makes sense that we see GX on so many gucci builds.

I suspect now that sunrace has 12 speed HD and XD options for around 75$ we’ll be seeing more of those as well. At least on my bike you will Wink

Where have you seen XD sunrace cassettes? That would be awesome but I haven't seen them anywhere.

I am just in the process of dumping my 11sp XTR drivetrain in favour of trying a full Sunrace 12 speed groupset which is due to be delivered to me tomorrow. I have used their cassettes before, they are really good.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com//sunrace-12-speed-drivetrain-groupset/rp-prod183192?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=OrderConfirmation&utm_content=GB

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:

MZ91 10-50T: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/sunrace-mz91-12-speed-cassette-10-50-xd-871994

Claimed weight is 580g ish.
There is an 11 speed 10-42 (CSMX9) at 413g too I believe.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
I don't normally worry too much about weight, but that's nearly 1/4 KG over an X01. I hope it's cheap.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:28 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:

They are brand new and little known of yet. One of my semi-local shops has in stock. Downhill Zone in Issaquah Wa if you want to reach out to him. It came about in a FB thread when someone was up against the Hub swap versus million dollar cassette conundrumtup one will be going on my Kona as soon as needed.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
metaam wrote:
I don't normally worry too much about weight, but that's nearly 1/4 KG over an X01. I hope it's cheap.
About £100, so cheaper than GX at around 50g heavier.

They do basically the same cassette for (old) Shimano driver with 11-50T spread at about the same weight, and available for less than £70. Cheaper and lighter than NX Eagle at that, so possibly a reasonable option for budget drivetrains, at least for those who really want 12 speed over 11.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 13:42 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

They are brand new and little known of yet. One of my semi-local shops has in stock. Downhill Zone in Issaquah Wa if you want to reach out to him. It came about in a FB thread when someone was up against the Hub swap versus million dollar cassette conundrumtup one will be going on my Kona as soon as needed.

Good to know. Will hopefully be available at one of my distros by the time I need a cassette. Can't say I like the GX cassette too much, since they decided to make the 2 largest cogs narrow-wide... Non issue most of the time, but when it dosn't clock right its unnervingly loud. I'd rather just not backpedal.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 21:43 Quote
2019 Chromag Rootdown
photo

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
After yesterday's discussion, I thought that you guys maybe interested to see the actual weight of the SunRace 12 speed cassette....

SunRace MZ90 11 50t Cassette

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
So around 70g heavier than GX for about half the price?
Seems like a pretty good compromise.
Please let us know how the drivetrain performs once you've ridden it!

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
So around 70g heavier than GX for about half the price?
Seems like a pretty good compromise.
Please let us know how the drivetrain performs once you've ridden it!

I Sure will, I will fit it Saturday and ride Sunday.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
I’ve had 3 or 4 sunrace 11 speed set ups now. Very impressed and will not go back for those prices

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 12:32 Quote
Also a happy user of their 11s cassettes - performance, durability, cost and weight all been good for me.
12s groupset genuinely looks quite interesting, except for the cranks as they have a weight of around 53728 metric tons IIRC Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022104
Mobile Version of Website