Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 8:24 Quote
heinous wrote:
It’s fine, the rotor is exactly where it should be relative to pads - same as the front.

You sure about that? it looks like the caliper is sitting above the rotor. Could be wrong, but it certainly looks that way. The pads need to have full contact with the rotor, or they will wear improperly as pyro said, plus you won't have as much braking power.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
I'm a fan of the caliper between the SS and CS but there aren't many who do it.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 13:51 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
heinous wrote:
It’s fine, the rotor is exactly where it should be relative to pads - same as the front.

You sure about that? it looks like the caliper is sitting above the rotor. Could be wrong, but it certainly looks that way. The pads need to have full contact with the rotor, or they will wear improperly as pyro said, plus you won't have as much braking power.

Yup, that’s why I said it. I think it’s the photo angle and 4 pot caliper. I’ll load a pic from top when I’m not on my phone for people who are interested.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
I'm a fan of the caliper between the SS and CS but there aren't many who do it.

I think as rotors get bigger and stay moved further from drop out it becomes an issue with butting compromises. It’s nice on drop bar bikes, but in my experience on a ritchey does seem to pick up more mud than a caliper at 12 o’clock.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:09 Quote
Bigblob123 wrote:
what is that??
Mullet cycles . Called the Honeymaker . Frame is Ti as you can see. 29” up front 27.5” in back. Drops tomorrow the 25th

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:13 Quote
it looks totally amazing

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
That looks unforgivingly stiff.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
May I order a Honeymaker this week, honey?

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 18:23 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

Which ones mine was a MX3

Not sure... just 11 speed 11-42 and 46 most recently... also ran a ten speed one couple years back...

hmm interesting maybe just a shit batch of cassettes

I hear that the black cassettes do not shift as smooth neither

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 20:01 Quote
Hmmmm that mullet thing is really cool in a fascinating kinda way .... very interesting

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
heinous wrote:
That looks unforgivingly stiff.

Those stays look to have battered back written all over them.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:10 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Not sure... just 11 speed 11-42 and 46 most recently... also ran a ten speed one couple years back...

hmm interesting maybe just a shit batch of cassettes

I hear that the black cassettes do not shift as smooth neither

I have the Box 2 cassette 11-46 in Black, SLX drive train, it shifts much better than the shimano ever did. So yeah, maybe a bad batch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.017081
Mobile Version of Website