Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 22:14 Quote
heinous wrote:
fartymarty wrote:
I'm a fan of the caliper between the SS and CS but there aren't many who do it.

I think as rotors get bigger and stay moved further from drop out it becomes an issue with butting compromises. It’s nice on drop bar bikes, but in my experience on a ritchey does seem to pick up more mud than a caliper at 12 o’clock.

Indeed. Ragley used to be the same, no idea where they run their calipers now...
Back when my girlfriend and I ran our Ragleys in the winter, our rear brake calipers regularly froze solid due to their exposedness. Not a fan of that design.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 9:29 Quote
Chromagnum is reflecting upon the ass vapors emanating from its BROWN saddle after a few hours of ride time yesterday.

Chromagnum reflections

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 9:39 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Chromagnum is reflecting upon the ass vapors emanating from its BROWN saddle after a few hours of ride time yesterday.

Chromagnum reflections

Smells epic.....

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
reminds me of my first hardtail ever (not my pic, but mine was similar. I had a mag21 up front at least).

I weighed about 100 lbs. That thing beat me up so bad. Aluminum frame, light rider, tubed 1.95 tires, narrow rims, and all those small triangles made for the stiffest, roughest ride I've ever ridden.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
My neck hurts just looking at it.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 13:04 Quote
I never realised Haro were the original innovators of the sloping top tube. Razz

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 4:37 Quote
Anyone got or tried a current gen P7? I'm wanting to upgrade from my 26er Shan to something a bit longer and with better tyre clearance for uk mud. I like the look of the orange, and have found a good deal on a frame but can't get a demo locally and can't find out that much on here.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Read much good experienced from p7 owners on some forums. Good quality welds and nice compliant feel afaik. Don't have one myself though.
The new gen has a better chainring/tire clearance I guess

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Anyone got or tried a current gen P7? I'm wanting to upgrade from my 26er Shan to something a bit longer and with better tyre clearance for uk mud. I like the look of the orange, and have found a good deal on a frame but can't get a demo locally and can't find out that much on here.

Cheers

Can't you run a 650b wheelset & save money?

New P7 is great, boost rear (if going the plus route - does make it less fun though), solid bike, as long as it fits

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
fielonator wrote:

Cheers

New P7 is great, boost rear (if going the plus route - does make it less fun though), solid bike, as long as it fits

650b tyres won't fit. 26" tyres only just fit. What's less fun about a boost rear?

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
fielonator wrote:

Cheers

650b tyres won't fit. 26" tyres only just fit. What's less fun about a boost rear?

Absolutely nothing, just saying tup

Not a fan of plus tyres personally, they take the fun out of hardtails for me, hardtail should be all about fun

My Shan takes both 26 & 27.5 tyres - yours an early version, great 26er

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
fielonator wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Not a fan of plus tyres personally, they take the fun out of hardtails for me, hardtail should be all about fun

My riding buddy managed to ride plus tires for a couple years with not many issues till the last 8 rides he has flatted every ride even with a Huck Norris,He has had to replace tire each time, good thing he works at a bike shop.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
slaker wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
fielonator wrote:

My riding buddy managed to ride plus tires for a couple years with not many issues till the last 8 rides he has flatted every ride even with a Huck Norris,He has had to replace tire each time, good thing he works at a bike shop.

Dude must be a beast! Expensive, but he obviously likes them

Mostly pointing down? Or riding them full-time?

Rather run a decent rubber & get pressures down

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:09 Quote
He rides them full time, been flatting on the downhills at speed, he's just trying to get away with to little pressure as plus tires are pointless when over inflated.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
I run a 2.5 and have to run at least 28 psi in rear with Huck Norris to ride aggressively or I get in trouble.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022434
Mobile Version of Website