Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 9:41 Quote
This guy is pretty sick on an unconventional hardcore hardtail. A little write up on him over at The Radivist.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:35 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:
This guy is pretty sick on an unconventional hardcore hardtail. A little write up on him over at The Radivist.

photo

photo

photo

What the hell?

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
New bike for me!
photo

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
fielonator wrote:
boomshot007 wrote:

photo

photo

photo

What the hell?

Exactly!

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:19 Quote
I bet that frame bag catches the crosswinds perfectly! (when flying through the air)

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
What front tire do I want on my Big Wig? Looking for something not as chunky/aggressive as a Minion DHF. I have a Rekon on the rear. Decent amount of hardpacked clay, rocks and roots with a little bit of gravel and sandy surfaces mixed in not much in the way of loam or mud. Do I want another Rekon or something else? I am doing a shorter XC race and a bikepacking trip this fall so a Minion feels like too much tire for those things. Looking at 29x2.4 or 29x2.5.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 11:50 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
What front tire do I want on my Big Wig? Looking for something not as chunky/aggressive as a Minion DHF. I have a Rekon on the rear. Decent amount of hardpacked clay, rocks and roots with a little bit of gravel and sandy surfaces mixed in not much in the way of loam or mud. Do I want another Rekon or something else? I am doing a shorter XC race and a bikepacking trip this fall so a Minion feels like too much tire for those things. Looking at 29x2.4 or 29x2.5.

A minion is all things to all men. One can never have too much tyre.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

Wtb vigilante maybe

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 12:37 Quote
boomshot007 wrote:
fielonator wrote:
boomshot007 wrote:

photo

photo

photo

What the hell?

Exactly!

f*ck ya! Trevor shreds! Was sponsored by black market back in the day! Gave him that frame to shred. And he is for sure!

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 13:37 Quote
brncr6 wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:

Wtb vigilante maybe

A Vigilante is definitely not less tyre than a Minion.
I've been surprised by the Rekon I've got on the front of my Shan. It's actually pretty good.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 14:26 Quote
Frame bags are very hip in LA right now.

O+
Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:

HIgh Roller II. Or Ardent /Forekaster if you're kinda weird..

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 6:11 Quote
heinous wrote:

I was under the impression that the High Roller was more of a rear tire. I had an Ardent not a fan and considering a Forekaster in 29x2.6. Is the Forekaster pretty similar to the Ardent?

fielonator wrote:

I mean you kind of can when a decent part of the route is gravel/ paved.
I am planning on keeping the Minion but why would I push a Minion in places and situations that don't call for a Minion.

pyromaniac wrote:
I've been surprised by the Rekon I've got on the front of my Shan. It's actually pretty good.

Kind of thinking about a Rekon in 29x2.6. It seems like it should fit in a 2015 Fox Factory 34 Talas (non boost).

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 6:22 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

Kind of thinking about a Rekon in 29x2.6. It seems like it should fit in a 2015 Fox Factory 34 Talas (non boost).

It certainly will. Maxxis tyres are smaller than their 'size' suggests.
The 2.4" Rekon I have is the same width as a 2.25" WTB Trailboss. 60mm on a 30mm rim.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
heinous wrote:

I was under the impression that the High Roller was more of a rear tire. I had an Ardent not a fan and considering a Forekaster in 29x2.6. Is the Forekaster pretty similar to the Ardent?

fielonator wrote:

I mean you kind of can when a decent part of the route is gravel/ paved.
I am planning on keeping the Minion but why would I push a Minion in places and situations that don't call for a Minion.

pyromaniac wrote:

I think Forecast is better in that it just does what it's supposed to without any surprises. Treat it as like an XC mud spike really. I think the Rekon is more an Ardent replacement than Forekaster though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.033166
Mobile Version of Website