Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
What front tire do I want on my Big Wig? Looking for something not as chunky/aggressive as a Minion DHF. I have a Rekon on the rear. Decent amount of hardpacked clay, rocks and roots with a little bit of gravel and sandy surfaces mixed in not much in the way of loam or mud. Do I want another Rekon or something else? I am doing a shorter XC race and a bikepacking trip this fall so a Minion feels like too much tire for those things. Looking at 29x2.4 or 29x2.5.

Bonty XR4 f and maybe a XR3 on the rear. 2.6 if you can swing it

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 22:59 Quote
New commencal meta am ht build. Such a sick bike, ans so much fun.

Dvo diamond at 160mm
Industry 9 hydra enduro s wheels
E13 trs tires
Shimano xt 12 speed
Shimano saint brakes w trp rotors
Chromag bza cockpit
Ergon saddle and grip2

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
redemption08 wrote:
New commencal meta am ht build. Such a sick bike, ans so much fun.

Dvo diamond at 160mm
Industry 9 hydra enduro s wheels
E13 trs tires
Shimano xt 12 speed
Shimano saint brakes w trp rotors
Chromag bza cockpit
Ergon saddle and grip2


What an awesome beast, stoke must be high tup

More pictures please?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 8:02 Quote
Stoke is very high, amazed at how much fun a good hardtail can be.
Soupherb wrote:
redemption08 wrote:
New commencal meta am ht build. Such a sick bike, and so much fun.

Dvo diamond at 160mm
Industry 9 hydra enduro s wheels
E13 trs tires
Shimano xt 12 speed
Shimano saint brakes w trp rotors
Chromag bza cockpit


What an awesome beast, stoke must be high tup

More pictures please?

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 15:55 Quote
Hardtails have come a long way

Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
Pimping our aggro ht's during safety break on 6 hour ride today.

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
slaker wrote:
Pimping our aggro ht's during safety break on 6 hour ride today.

Dialled bro.

But you need everything on those babies for sure. Money well spent ..in all the right areas tup

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to buy a strong hardtail, which i can trust. The pole Taival, or a custom Marino frame is the top of my list.
I want to know, which brand makes durable and stronger frames Smile . Any thoughts, any Suggestion ?
Pole give lifetime warranty, Marino gives only 1 year.
Marino is cirka 450 euro, and the Pole is 700.
I want to decide this week, soo any help would be great Smile Thanks a lot

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 2:24 Quote
I've been told there is nothing like riding a good hard Pole. Plus they are generally considered pretty big and good looking.

Book

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 2:31 Quote
EnduroDartmoor wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to buy a strong hardtail, which i can trust. The pole Taival, or a custom Marino frame is the top of my list.
I want to know, which brand makes durable and stronger frames Smile . Any thoughts, any Suggestion ?
Pole give lifetime warranty, Marino gives only 1 year.
Marino is cirka 450 euro, and the Pole is 700.
I want to decide this week, soo any help would be great Smile Thanks a lot


As Pyro stated, the Pole is rated highly

That or a Stanton Switch 9er

Nothing wrong with a Marino, but you'd probably end up copying geometry from another bike with a longer warranty
https://enduro-mtb.com/en/best-hardcore-hardtail/

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 3:52 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
I've been told there is nothing like riding a good hard Pole. Plus they are generally considered pretty big and good looking.

Book

Ha ha

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 3:56 Quote
EnduroDartmoor wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm thinking to buy a strong hardtail, which i can trust. The pole Taival, or a custom Marino frame is the top of my list.
I want to know, which brand makes durable and stronger frames Smile . Any thoughts, any Suggestion ?
Pole give lifetime warranty, Marino gives only 1 year.
Marino is cirka 450 euro, and the Pole is 700.
I want to decide this week, soo any help would be great Smile Thanks a lot

Lots of good options from UK brands. I've got a current gen Cotic Bfe, it's brilliant. I'd look at Ragley and Stanton too. You've got to go for steel in my opinion. You looking at complete bikes or just frames?

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 4:08 Quote
Thank you guys Smile . I want steel for sure. Btr and cotic feels a Little bit expensive for me. The pole is 700 euro, and lifetimegaranty.
Want a 29er frame, and only the frame. My hornet has 450 reach, and 1206 wb. So anything between 475-500 reach, and wheelbase 1275-1300.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 5:43 Quote
EnduroDartmoor wrote:
Thank you guys Smile . I want steel for sure. Btr and cotic feels a Little bit expensive for me. The pole is 700 euro, and lifetimegaranty.
Want a 29er frame, and only the frame. My hornet has 450 reach, and 1206 wb. So anything between 475-500 reach, and wheelbase 1275-1300.

Are the Pole frames not ali?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022381
Mobile Version of Website