Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 20:30 Quote
paulde wrote:
So you're kind of after a 26+/27.5 Kona Unit it sounds. Maybe something custom from Marino or Babah would do the trick while still keeping it cheap.

Basically except more playful. The new Unit has 430 stays and a crazy low bb drop of 65 I bet its great on trail but I'd hate it at the jump park or pump track or the odd trail. the bb drop also kills the option to run 26plus safely I think. I have thought about Marino since thats basically stock pricing and its on the list as an option. Was just hoping to get something built up quicker. I've never heard of Babah I'll look them up.

Cheers.

Posted: Oct 8, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
The geometry has changed over the years, seems they're taking it more in the adventure/bikepacking dsirection than xc frame. Definitely not for 26+.

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Good score! It'll be interesting to hear your views on the bigger wheels and how this bike compares to your Stanton(s).

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
slaker wrote:

You flash git! It's a Dekerf built frame too! Very nice! tup

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Yeah Man !, I will give report as soon as I get it sorted and myself healed up enough to ride, But very stoked!

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 21:08 Quote
slaker wrote:
Yeah Man !, I will give report as soon as I get it sorted and myself healed up enough to ride, But very stoked!

Nice score for sure.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 12:02 Quote
If you were going to build a "do-it-all" (winter single track, dirt jumps, etc.) hardtail, whats your build/frame/wheelsize?

I'm thinking a steel 27.5 with 120-140mm travel.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 12:26 Quote
jkelm wrote:
If you were going to build a "do-it-all" (winter single track, dirt jumps, etc.) hardtail, whats your build/frame/wheelsize?

As I was saying on the other thread: PP Shan with the headset extender

beauty shots using my great-granddads tripod

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 12:44 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
jkelm wrote:

As I was saying on the other thread: PP Shan with the headset extender

beauty shots using my great-granddads tripod

What's a headset extender? My 26" shan didn't have good tyre clearance for winter. It gets very claggy where i ride in the winter.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
This is it, replaces the standard crown race: https://production-privee.com/en/product/headset-extension/

Tyre clearance might be an issue, yes.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
jkelm wrote:

Theres so much to choose from , But yeah, 140mm or more up front and 66 to 65 degree hta and 73 to 75 sta and plenty of standover so you can run a long dropper on it is what to look for.

Posted: Oct 11, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
New ritchey ultra

New ultra, yeah it's got hell stack atm but I'm working out where I want my bar height before I cut.
Its very fast up and on the flat, a hell of a lot more comfortable than my rootdown (L Vs M/L)
Feels great with the 70mm stem but a bit sketch descending, might try a 50mm and see...

Black aeffectR cranks and fork decals are coming.

Built it up and it wasn't till I hung it on the back of my car that I realized i had copied its colour scheme, lol.

Bz touring carib

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 8:00 Quote
Sovereign v4...
Sovereign v4...

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
My new build. This is quite literally the best bike I have ever ridden.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020615
Mobile Version of Website