Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 1:14 Quote
mfmediocremtb wrote:
NotNamed wrote:
My Stanton Switch9er in Irdiscence Lagoon Blue




How you liking your ride? It was between that frame or the Vendetta I built up.

Hmm tough- Ive only ridden it a handful of times.
Its funny to ride but I somehow liked my old PP Shan more as it was more playful.

But overall still very nice to ride.

I still believe that PP has the best chainstays in the HT business

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 4:36 Quote
wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

How you liking your ride? It was between that frame or the Vendetta I built up.

Hmm tough- Ive only ridden it a handful of times.
Its funny to ride but I somehow liked my old PP Shan more as it was more playful.

But overall still very nice to ride.

I still believe that PP has the best chainstays in the HT business


Did you try BTR?

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 6:05 Quote
wrote:
Brzzi wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

How you liking your ride? It was between that frame or the Vendetta I built up.

Hmm tough- Ive only ridden it a handful of times.
Its funny to ride but I somehow liked my old PP Shan more as it was more playful.

But overall still very nice to ride.

I still believe that PP has the best chainstays in the HT business


Did you try BTR?

Sadly no - I'll try my Stanton with flats this weekend and See how that goes and install the 2.6" wheels and tires from my Stumpjumper

I was thinking about the BTR Pinnr but the frames are so expensive :-(

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
Has anyone had any experience with a Brand X HT-01? Does this geometry seem to match? https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/brand-x-ht-01-2017/

Thinking about building up a cheap SS beater.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 0:00 Quote
hey there, new here. gonna build up a hardtail for racing and giggles, have a formula selva to use, the NS eccentric has been catching my eye in the blue and white speckles, anyone have time on one> any tips for building a hardtail? thanks!

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 1:20 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
hey there, new here. gonna build up a hardtail for racing and giggles, have a formula selva to use, the NS eccentric has been catching my eye in the blue and white speckles, anyone have time on one> any tips for building a hardtail? thanks!

Bangs for your buck, this is a very good frame! You will have a ton of fun on it, the geo good, the only negative from me is it is a little too stiff for my liking making it quite harsh over the rough stuff, but that is a characteristic of an alloy HT.
If you don't want to push your budget any further for the frame, then spot on. If budget is not an issue, maybe have a look a some steel HT's, the ride quality will feel nicer.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 3:58 Quote
Marino finally finished Big Grin
Really want to get out and ride it, the sun is out for the first time in what feels like weeks... and I've been in bed with flu for the last five days and pretty much had to crawl to the LBS to pick this up Frown

Marino HT
Marino HT
Marino HT
Marino HT

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
Down a schnapps or 5, load up on vitamin C and let her rip, the flu is a terrible excuse mate

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 5:04 Quote
Spoken by someone that's never had it.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 5:23 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Down a schnapps or 5, load up on vitamin C and let her rip, the flu is a terrible excuse mate
Honestly dude I really wish I could Frown
Right now I'm more keen on wearing two hoodies and a duvet, and drinking peppermint tea. WTF has happened to me?! lol

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 5:29 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
Down a schnapps or 5, load up on vitamin C and let her rip, the flu is a terrible excuse mate
Honestly dude I really wish I could Frown
Right now I'm more keen on wearing two hoodies and a duvet, and drinking peppermint tea. WTF has happened to me?! lol
Bundle up, take Tylenol, drink water, feel better in a couple days and shred. You push yourself now you are going to make it worse. Awesome bike, though.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
SileTzar wrote:
Down a schnapps or 5, load up on vitamin C and let her rip, the flu is a terrible excuse mate
Honestly dude I really wish I could Frown
Right now I'm more keen on wearing two hoodies and a duvet, and drinking peppermint tea. WTF has happened to me?! lol

Peppermint? I'd address the tea situation first then see how you are.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
Yeah I know man. I can't stand any sort of tea, and fruit/herbal teas are the worst, but since this hit I had this weird craving for it. Whatever it is must be kicking the sh!t out of my cognitive capabilities lol

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 6:25 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Yeah I know man. I can't stand any sort of tea, and fruit/herbal teas are the worst, but since this hit I had this weird craving for it. Whatever it is must be kicking the sh!t out of my cognitive capabilities lol

I'd go with hot lemon with honey, bit of whisky too. A good hot toddie sorts you right out.

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
@onebanana Marino has turned out killer!! I feel for you bro! I’ve just come out to Spain with the fam and I’m full of snot and left me voice on the plane!! Kids are loving it cos I can’t shout at them!! Plenty of fluids, alcohol or not, and sweat the bastard out!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017088
Mobile Version of Website