Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:28 Quote
Thanks man. Rather pleased with it and only went about £100 over budget (ignoring the Kingdom Ti bars that I stole from my fully) - £1100ish doesn't seem too bad for a complete new build with XTR drivetrain, SDG dropper, Turbines etc.
It weighs a full 20% more than my Kingdom though - 31.1lbs on the scale at the LBS Eek lol

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
Can’t grumble at the cost at all! The weights fine too as long as it rides quick!! Which tubeset did you go for?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
It's Reynolds 725. I sort of wish I hadn't weighed it tbh - curiosity got the better of me, but now I've got to get over the psychological barrier of thinking it's heavy Razz

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
Meh, we’ve all been there! As long as it rides well you’ll only notice the weight if you lift it. What’s the saying, cheap, light, strong, pick two.....lol!!

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 7:53 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Marino finally finished Big Grin
Really want to get out and ride it, the sun is out for the first time in what feels like weeks... and I've been in bed with flu for the last five days and pretty much had to crawl to the LBS to pick this up Frown

Marino HT
Marino HT
photo
Marino HT
Marino HT

Really love this, looks awesome..

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
OneBanana, man, you angered the gods with this build! Big Grin

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:34 Quote
If I really wanted to anger the gods I'd self-post in the Sexiest HT thread lol

Edit: You're a madman - you posted a full rigid in that very thread while I was typing this post lol

Double edit: Thank you nonetheless Big Grin Salute

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
You're welcome, the bike has it Big Grin

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 10:11 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
hey there, new here. gonna build up a hardtail for racing and giggles, have a formula selva to use, the NS eccentric has been catching my eye in the blue and white speckles, anyone have time on one> any tips for building a hardtail? thanks!

Bangs for your buck, this is a very good frame! You will have a ton of fun on it, the geo good, the only negative from me is it is a little too stiff for my liking making it quite harsh over the rough stuff, but that is a characteristic of an alloy HT.
If you don't want to push your budget any further for the frame, then spot on. If budget is not an issue, maybe have a look a some steel HT's, the ride quality will feel nicer.

Thanks! It’s either the night sky paint or a Marino, looking for sub 400 so those are kind of my options, steel or alu

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 11:46 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
hey there, new here. gonna build up a hardtail for racing and giggles, have a formula selva to use, the NS eccentric has been catching my eye in the blue and white speckles, anyone have time on one> any tips for building a hardtail? thanks!

Bangs for your buck, this is a very good frame! You will have a ton of fun on it, the geo good, the only negative from me is it is a little too stiff for my liking making it quite harsh over the rough stuff, but that is a characteristic of an alloy HT.
If you don't want to push your budget any further for the frame, then spot on. If budget is not an issue, maybe have a look a some steel HT's, the ride quality will feel nicer.

Thanks! It’s either the night sky paint or a Marino, looking for sub 400 so those are kind of my options, steel or alu

In that case, get yourself a Marino ordered! tup

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 14:34 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
Marino finally finished Big Grin
Really want to get out and ride it, the sun is out for the first time in what feels like weeks... and I've been in bed with flu for the last five days and pretty much had to crawl to the LBS to pick this up Frown

Marino HT

Whats the chain stay protector?

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
A custom one from www.undeadcycles.co.uk

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
Full ridged Marino looking sick,Love that shade of green.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 0:10 Quote
How did you solve the problem with the front brake mount? Any details?

Cool bike, btw.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
A custom one from www.undeadcycles.co.uk

Nice one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.192427
Mobile Version of Website