Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Author Message
Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 0:24 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
How did you solve the problem with the front brake mount? Any details?

Cool bike, btw.

My LBS is a legend. Fork spacing without the axle was too much over 110mm and tightening it was not pulling in evenly from both sides. He's basically cold-set it back to being straight, and done a tiny bit of filing, and now all running true.
Incidentally Marino was very responsive too - if this didn't work I'm sure he'd have sorted it.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
How did you solve the problem with the front brake mount? Any details?

Cool bike, btw.

My LBS is a legend. Fork spacing without the axle was too much over 110mm and tightening it was not pulling in evenly from both sides. He's basically cold-set it back to being straight, and done a tiny bit of filing, and now all running true.
Incidentally Marino was very responsive too - if this didn't work I'm sure he'd have sorted it.

Nice. Have fun riding that thing tup

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 14:31 Quote
The Radimus is now sporting 140 up front.


Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
Better pic, fork was sitting way deep in the travel even with 130psi (max 120) and feeling well harsh. Threw a volume spacer in the negative chamber and now it sit much higher in its travel and is nice and plush...

Devol mod reduced the negative chamber volume in my fox 34

Interesting, I'm curious to know what was your rationale here.

Normally if a fork eats up travel, I'd be more willing to tinker with the positive spring.
Also, from the look of your air spring I'd say pressure equilibration between both chambers occurs via a dimple in the stanchion wall, so wouldn't the token here raise the piston so that there is a risk it does not pass by the dimple anymore?

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Yo Banana is the flu over, are you out riding

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
someone said about posting your own bike in the sexy hardtail thread? :S

i've headed over here Wink
Had a vitus Nucleus and got really really interested in this fine past time
Kept drooling over full sus bikes... and decided to it was a good idea to convince myself that i didn't need a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...... grand bike to have fun.. was never ending in pricing...if i didn't ride one i wouldn't miss one
And being as that's only going to make me ride faster crash harder.. whats the point
So.. i wanted a do everything bike, but biased to pedal up and drop down
looked at many frames.. some were too exotic (expensive) thinking titanium frames.. or stanton bikes etc etc
The DMR looked right, threaded BB, none boost, steel, could take a good amount of travel...
only thing was it looked small on paper... turns out the large makes the difference up on my medium Vitus to fit me better at 5ft 8 ish...
Chatted to DMR and they were great.. loads of good info and recommendations...
found myself a cheap pair of 170's (were supposed to be 140) and turns out they fit the bike nice.. sitting approx 64 HA unsagged
so the bike is a 2015 DMR trailstar frame (bought new), MRP stage 170mm forks, XT 8000 driveline, hope pro 2 hubs under WTB I29 rims, Maxxis highroller 2/Shorty/Ardent depending on season.. Deore 520? brakes.. the none model 4 and 2 pot on 180mm icetech discs. old triple chain ring rotor crank running single. 800mm Protaper carbon bars, Funn 35mm stem, DMR Deathgrips and V8 Pedals
My DMR Trailstar after some light use

So I'm very new to all this stuff, started riding in May, and this bike so far is everything i could want.. ploughs over stuff.. doesn't kick me about too much, pedals uphill ok i guess.. the weakness is me on that front

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Looks good Alan! tup
If you are fairly new to this game, then you are doing the right thing. A hardtail is where you learn your craft. FS bikes are very forgiving and that is where bad habits are quickly learned.
As for expensive bikes, none of us need them, we simply crave them! lol
Unfortunately it is a well know fact that a drug habit is far cheaper to feed that a dirty MTB habit!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
I know there is a couple people in here that got a Marino frame built. How long did it take I sent in my info 3 weeks ago and.im still waiting for a response from them.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 21:33 Quote
Barkit wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
Better pic, fork was sitting way deep in the travel even with 130psi (max 120) and feeling well harsh. Threw a volume spacer in the negative chamber and now it sit much higher in its travel and is nice and plush...

Devol mod reduced the negative chamber volume in my fox 34

Interesting, I'm curious to know what was your rationale here.

Normally if a fork eats up travel, I'd be more willing to tinker with the positive spring.
Also, from the look of your air spring I'd say pressure equilibration between both chambers occurs via a dimple in the stanchion wall, so wouldn't the token here raise the piston so that there is a risk it does not pass by the dimple anymore?

Had 7 tokens in there, was over pressure and was still sitting too far into the travel. Negative air springd pushes against the positive spring to make a fork supple, with less volume in the negative it pushes against the positive less. The spacer, a 36 na1 6cc volume reducer has the same stack height as the factory negative spacer ,which takes up less than 1cc of volume, so the bypass port still lines up fine. Less negative air, higher ride height, more supple fork. It's a MOGlife mod dude, Men Of Girth... it works for fatties.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 22:02 Quote
[Quote="shmoodiver"][Quote="Barkit"]
shmoodiver wrote:

Had 7 tokens in there, was over pressure and was still sitting too far into the travel. Negative air springd pushes against the positive spring to make a fork supple, with less volume in the negative it pushes against the positive less. The spacer, a 36 na1 6cc volume reducer has the same stack height as the factory negative spacer ,which takes up less than 1cc of volume, so the bypass port still lines up fine. Less negative air, higher ride height, more supple fork. It's a MOGlife mod dude, Men Of Girth... it works for fatties.

Not much toom to move at all with 7 tokens in it. Sheesh.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
I know there is a couple people in here that got a Marino frame built. How long did it take I sent in my info 3 weeks ago and.im still waiting for a response from them.

How did you contact him?
Send him a pm on Facebook or Instagram if you can - I'm not sure orders go to his main email, but after I did that he was really responsive. Got my first draft three days from first email.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
After putting these rims and tyres on my Shan for that soggy slalom race I left them on, refit the dropper post and thought it would be a great idea to use it as is.
It was good fun going down, because the rear end feels really planted and well damped. But I felt like sh*t riding it uphill with that tiny cassette.

How to offset a lack of riding time and or fitness for an upcoming race Throw parts at your bike.

After flatting the front tyre I put a lighter wheelset back in, along with DHF front and Trail Boss rear and converted it back to singlespeed. What a difference! It's so much fun. I feel young(er) again and even cleared a climb I normally struggle with. Singlespeed rocks!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:20 Quote

Hope you all are enjoying your fall!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Mattthetreker wrote:

Hope you all are enjoying your fall!

Not as much as you. Sweet ride!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 9:59 Quote
I haven't posted for ages, but I'm still an avid lurkerWink Recently changed out saddle, grips and most importantly raw'd my bars. Its a few years old now but still a thrill-ride. Brings out both the hectic and the smooth in all the right places.
Anybody else find themselves staring at their bike when they could be riding it?


 
Active Forum Threads
8 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
16 mins ago - Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
28 mins ago - The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
29 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
32 mins ago - Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
36 mins ago - YT Capra Owners
50 mins ago - Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
1 hours ago - Canyon Owners Club
2 hours ago - Zimbabwe +27739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in harare/gweru
2 hours ago - Witbank 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
2 hours ago - Welkom 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
2 hours ago - Westonaria 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
2 hours ago - Girls Still Definitely Suck
2 hours ago - Vryheid 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in pietermariztburg/newcastle
2 hours ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in bloemfontein/witbank
2 hours ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
2 hours ago - Taung 0739143863 penis enlargement cream in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
2 hours ago - Tembisa 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
2 hours ago - Standerton 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills in middleburg/pietretief/
2 hours ago - Stanger 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
2 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j
2 hours ago - Soweto mens clinic 0739143863 penis enlargement cream and pills in roodepoort/lenasia
2 hours ago - Sandton 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pills in Tsakane, Thokoza, Tembisa, Springs: j
2 hours ago - Secunda 0739143863 penis enlargement cream/pill in standerton/ermelo//witbank/welkom/middleburg
2 hours ago - Springs & Brakpan 0739143863 mens clinic//Penis enlargement cream pills benoni boksburg -nigel/

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.047208
Mobile Version of Website