Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
SilverCreek wrote:
Anybody else find themselves staring at their bike when they could be riding it?

That's how you know you got the right bike!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
SilverCreek wrote:
I haven't posted for ages, but I'm still an avid lurkerWink Recently changed out saddle, grips and most importantly raw'd my bars. Its a few years old now but still a thrill-ride. Brings out both the hectic and the smooth in all the right places.
Anybody else find themselves staring at their bike when they could be riding it?
That is sick, A+ in my book. i set my bike in my living room more than occasionally just so I can gander at it when Im chillin... But looking at it makes me want to ride it for sure.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 19:40 Quote
slaker wrote:
SilverCreek wrote:
I haven't posted for ages, but I'm still an avid lurkerWink Recently changed out saddle, grips and most importantly raw'd my bars. Its a few years old now but still a thrill-ride. Brings out both the hectic and the smooth in all the right places.
That is sick, A+ in my book. i set my bike in my living room more than occasionally just so I can gander at it when Im chillin... But looking at it makes me want to ride it for sure.

I cannot agree more

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 22:21 Quote
Not sure if this is really the right place to ask this, but how does everyone compare frames to suit their needs? I wish I could go demo a chromag or production privee like the bigger name brands but that's not so much an option.

I'm trying to limit down my choices for a build this next spring but sifting through this forum has left me with too many!

I want: 27.5+ or not official +, just lots of rubber on a 650B hoop, ISCG-05 mount for a bash guard, nothing super long but a good slack-ness, internal dropper mounting. So far the PP Shan has caught my eye more than once...

Help would be appreciated thank you!

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
With PP you will not go wrong ...

Beyond STA, HA vs travel, etc., for me the relationship between reach, stack and wheelbase matters the most... as for how it feels a bike, it is to relates to the materials, weight, parts, etc... you'll never really know until you'll try the bike...

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
I've got a 2018 Shan and ran 27.5x2.4" Michelins on 25mm (inner width) rims and the tyre rubbed occasionally. Mud clearance is poor.
A 27.5x2.5" WTB Breakout on a 30mm rim does go in but rubs constantly.
A 27.5x2.25" WTB Trail Boss on the same 30mm rim measures 60mm wide and does not rub.

Why do you want a big rear tyre?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
RedOctober wrote:

Beyond STA, HA vs travel, etc., for me the relationship between reach, stack and wheelbase matters the most... as for how it feels a bike, it is to relates to the materials, weight, parts, etc... you'll never really know until you'll try the bike...

Dont forget effective tt. Super important for seated climbing. Nothing worse than climing on a bike too short.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
RedOctober wrote:
slaker wrote:
SilverCreek wrote:

I cannot agree more

Good to hear, thought I was the only one doing that.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
Great ride on the Bfe today. Was slippy and sloppy but great fun.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
shmoodiver wrote:
RedOctober wrote:

Dont forget effective tt. Super important for seated climbing. Nothing worse than climing on a bike too short.

sadly, i saw that nowdays ett is almost a forgotten measurement..and everything is just about reach, slack ha, steep seat, etc.. not saying that reach is a bad thing by far.. but for me the ett is also very important because o use my bike for almost every kind of ride..not just decendings..and find that too many bikes have that ..kind of a downside..hard to make longer ett with all the slack ha and steep seat madness.. moreover, when i say this i aim mostly at middle sized bike (M-L) because yeah, i can find one with long ett in soze xl but that bike is huge in everything else also..

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:05 Quote
Someone mind explaining ETT?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:09 Quote
StUone7 wrote:

Effective top tube. Horizontal distance between top of headtube and seattube. The problem with ETT is that is not that useful of a measurement if your seat height is much higher or lower than the top of the headtube. Companies should do what banshee did on their latest geo charts and publish angles at different saddle heights.

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
StUone7 wrote:

Effective top tube. Horizontal distance between top of headtube and seattube. The problem with ETT is that is not that useful of a measurement if your seat height is much higher or lower than the top of the headtube. Companies should do what banshee did on their latest geo charts and publish angles at different saddle heights.

Alright so just about how it sounds. So, how would you have a short ETT but a long reach?
Geo noob. Been riding the same bike for the last like 6 years.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014916
Mobile Version of Website