Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
I’ve had one on my Stumpy for a while now, at least a year, and haven’t had any issue with it.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 8:17 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble with Transfer dropper posts? I broke three posts in under 12 months. Not that I would use them a lot. One post broke twice right after not being used for a few weeks.

Ive often wondered about the added stress a hardtail must put on a dropper post...im around 92kg at the moment, can't be easy for it...Rolleyes

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
I've tried numerous droppers, my Transfer has been trouble free, I've had issues one way or another with all the others (Reverb, Crank Bros, KS Lev and One Up). I went for the Transfer as my LBS said it's the one they send back the least. Sounds like you've been unlucky pyro.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
My ks lev lasted 4 seasons before i needed to replace the bushings - this was reasonable as far as i am concerned

My reverb on my wifes bike needs to be rebuilt at least twice a year. It has now been replaced with a bikeyoke revive.

Revive is a seriously nice piece of kit. Will grab one to replace my lev and have the lev as a backup.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
My Transfer on my steel Switchback hanging in there, 36 months now, that bike gets ridden about half of the year.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
I've had two different posts fail. One of them failed a second time and I bought that post new in April.

First failure was the same for both. They ate a rubber seal which smeared itself on the stanchion.
Second failure on the one post, that got repaired on July 1st, occured Tuesday night, when I cycled the post a few times after about 8 weeks of not using it. After the third time lowering it it began feeling rough and an small oil track appeared. I cycled it again, now really rough, then rubbed the oil off with a rag and now there's a big fat scratch in the stanchion. Scratch starts about 40mm from the top of the stanchion and is facing forward. So it's unlikely a grain of sand worked itself in, let alone that far.

...both Transfer posts failed on full sus bikes.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 22:10 Quote
Mine feels a little rough but still working.I probable have the clamp a little more tight than it should be though.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 22:24 Quote
Might be worth checking whether yours ate a seal as well.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 22:40 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Might be worth checking whether yours ate a seal as well.
no oil or streak though, I recently applied a little slick honey to sanction and cycled it a bit toluene seal a bit then wiped it clean.think it helps a bit.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 14:19 Quote
photo

photo
photo
Finally come full circle after selling my Orange Sub Zero 5 years ago to buy a full sus. Built up a new Cotic BFe for the winter with a mixture of old & new parts. It rips.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
Looking good. Apart from that stem. I really do not like those.

What's that crankset that didn't make it on the bike?

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 0:05 Quote
jonnobyrne wrote:
photo

photo
photo
Finally come full circle after selling my Orange Sub Zero 5 years ago to buy a full sus. Built up a new Cotic BFe for the winter with a mixture of old & new parts. It rips.

Nice. I'm lovin' my bfe too.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 0:12 Quote
Looks ace! (But I have to agreed with Pyromaniac, the stem is not only hideous but also taking up too much attention on this clean build. )

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 3:17 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Looking good. Apart from that stem. I really do not like those.

What's that crankset that didn't make it on the bike?

The stem is going to go but I couldn’t decide whether to go blue or black until it was built. Also I want the height so will need to buy a 40mm riser bar at the same time.

The cranks are some old SLX which I cleaned up with a metal brush (took ages). Unfortunately they have the old bolt pattern which is incompatible with the new chain ring so got replaced.

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 2:16 Quote
photo

Not mine but I found out about that Decathlon / Rockrider AM100HT hardtail that seems like an option for those on a budget, especially if you are looking for a brand new bike... (850 GPB on current sale) It looks quite fun, even though I always feel a bit weird when I see people "upgrading" their Decathlons (there are loads in France) I would not mind seeing this one with other brakes / some other parts.

https://off.road.cc/content/review/bikes/rockrider-am100-ht-review-4097

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021985
Mobile Version of Website