Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
The ti-rade continues with vim & vigour!

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 13:12 Quote
Absolutely loving this bike at the moment done everything from racing Downhill to 40 mile xc rides at a fast pace and not stopping, it's the nuts Smile
Identiti AKA the ultimate downcountry bike

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 14:41 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Absolutely loving this bike at the moment done everything from racing Downhill to 40 mile xc rides at a fast pace and not stopping, it's the nuts Smile

Thinking of getting one, that & some 29er hoops

What you running? Big hoops? Tried 27.5?

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 18:50 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:

Nice one Scot!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
180mm fork eeeek

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:14 Quote
Fork decals are a miss.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
That Doctahawk for me is just one big mismatch of numerous shades of Red & Gold.
What a shame! Could have been so nice.
9/10 for componentry but 3/10 for execution!

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 11:01 Quote
Matchy-matchy turned into clashy-clashy.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
Matchy-matchy turned into clashy-clashy.

Doesn't look bad when converted to b&w

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:53 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:
[PI=4/PI]

29 xc hopes we're wicked, super quick and came out at 28lbs

29er Kings on stans, keep it quick but a bit more able to handle the rough stuff and less worry about breaking wheels

Nice and snappy and manuaverable but still pedals well

27.5 I ran with two shortys so won't comment on that lol

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 13:59 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:
[PI=4/PI]

29 xc hopes we're wicked, super quick and came out at 28lbs

29er Kings on stans, keep it quick but a bit more able to handle the rough stuff and less worry about breaking wheels

Nice and snappy and manuaverable but still pedals well

27.5 I ran with two shortys so won't comment on that lol

Hearing you tup

Two Shorty's fuuuuck!! Haha

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 14:35 Quote
At Chicksands, fair to say the cases were plenty... Might have been alright at Aston Hill.. I suspect with a longer fork and better rolling tyres it'd be pretty dope in 27.5 guise

However with the way the frame rides and how stiff and responsive it is to pedaling I think so far the 120mm 29er setup really highlights the frames pros and helps with the cons of such a frame.

I'm stoked it's the closest I've come so far to something I'd reckon you'd have a good chance on in an xc or dh race, for a hardtail that is. A generic and typical thing for someone to say but it genuinely is really good. You'll just have to get one to find out Razz

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 15:22 Quote
Scotj009 wrote:
At Chicksands, fair to say the cases were plenty... Might have been alright at Aston Hill.. I suspect with a longer fork and better rolling tyres it'd be pretty dope in 27.5 guise

However with the way the frame rides and how stiff and responsive it is to pedaling I think so far the 120mm 29er setup really highlights the frames pros and helps with the cons of such a frame.

I'm stoked it's the closest I've come so far to something I'd reckon you'd have a good chance on in an xc or dh race, for a hardtail that is. A generic and typical thing for someone to say but it genuinely is really good. You'll just have to get one to find out Razz

Typically Identiti then! versatility rules my mindset currently hmmmm

Posted: Jan 15, 2020 at 5:51 Quote
I want to get some 165mm cranks for my Big Wig. What are some budget choices? Anyone used DMR Axe cranks?

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013413
Mobile Version of Website