Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 7:40 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
how is marino build queues at them moment?

He’s updating on insta. Just him crankin at this point.

It was something like 3-4 months before he got some coverage on pb/some other few months ago soo maybe not for this summer anympre

He posted on his Instagram that since Peru is shut down his other two workers were not able to come to work currently so it is just him and it would delay things more. So I'd imagine it is a pretty long time right now.

Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Just finished rebuilding my Shan 26. The wife wants to go out riding as she's not allowed to go out clothes shopping. It's a pretty sweet build, mixture of xt bits, stans wheels and a 150mm pike.

It's likely that i spent longer putting it all together than she'll spend riding it, but hopefully not. At least it'll look nice taking up space in the garage.

Building mine soon, be great to see your build here

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 1:30 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
fielonator wrote:
Just finished rebuilding my Shan 26. The wife wants to go out riding as she's not allowed to go out clothes shopping. It's a pretty sweet build, mixture of xt bits, stans wheels and a 150mm pike.

It's likely that i spent longer putting it all together than she'll spend riding it, but hopefully not. At least it'll look nice taking up space in the garage.

Building mine soon, be great to see your build here

This is the best picture I've got on my phone. I'm at work all this weekend so I can't take any current shots until Monday. It's a bit muddy but you get the idea.

Pike 26" 160mm,
Superstar carbon AM wheels,
Funn bar at 760mm,
40mm Thompson 4X stem,
XT brakes (200mm front, 180mm rear) and crank,
Selle Italia saddle,
Brand X XL seatpost - 170mm
Magic Mary and random rear mud tyre combo,
Mudguards.

The current version has a narrower bar and a shorter seatpost to accommodate the wife's reduced dimensions. She rode it yesterday, and seemed to enjoy herself. Once this virus fiasco's finished and we can send the kids back to school I'll take her out on some proper trails so she can see what a fun little bike it is.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
Looks so small by today's standards. love the color though!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
Started off as a vitus sentier vrx. Only original parts left are xt group set, revealation fork and seat / dropper post. Got the vitus in large and just felt cramped when out of the seat pedalling.

Nukeproof xl scout frame
Fortus 30 rims on pro 4 hubs
Ice tech rotors
Horizon bar and stem
Dmr versa pedals ridden as flats

https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/18443773/

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:01 Quote

There you go bud.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
metaam wrote:

There you go bud.

Cheers!

Had a few Stella's and struggling to think!

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
Please excuse the sweet potato camera, was taken on my phone at distance.

Haven't had a hardtail since I was a kid, bloody love this bike. Climbs well, descends like it's on rails.
Commencal Meta AM.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:57 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
Please excuse the sweet potato camera, was taken on my phone at distance.

Haven't had a hardtail since I was a kid, bloody love this bike. Climbs well, descends like it's on rails.
Commencal Meta AM.

Like it

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:59 Quote
No flaming on this thread Wink

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:46 Quote
RM is that the new bike you just got!? Nice work

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 13:50 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RM is that the new bike you just got!? Nice work

That's one dude. The HT is great, I make no apologies for the fugly fender. When I get some decent shot of it without, I shall replace these ones. Brakes are next to go, still got the stock Guide T's on. They're not confidence inspiring for a big bloke!

Picking the Slayer up next week. Drool

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
Hello guys! Can I join the club?

Just built Dartmoor Primal 27.5

Frame size L
Nukeproof Horizon wheels
Michelin 2.35 Force AM Competioion Line tubeless
Suntour Aion Fork 140mm travel
Brand-X 150mm dropper
Reverse Fort Will Ti saddle
Nukeproof Horizon 780/25mm handlebar, grips, clamp, pedals(Comp)
Nukeproof Neutron 35mm stem
Sram NX shifting with 30T Neutrino Components chainring and SunRace 11-40 cassette
Truvativ Stylo GXP 175mm cranks
Shimano SLX M675 brakes with RT66 160/180 rotors

If my weighter doesn't lie, bike is something like 12.8-12.9kg.

Today finally had a ride through some ok terrain and I was suprized how good it pedals. Also it was my first ever ride with dropper, it's even better then I expected! So, while I think after some time I'll change some parts, now I'm really happy with this bike's performance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013746
Mobile Version of Website