photo
Just built Dartmoor Primal 27.5

Frame size L
Nukeproof Horizon wheels
Michelin 2.35 Force AM Competioion Line tubeless
Suntour Aion Fork 140mm travel
Brand-X 150mm dropper
Reverse Fort Will Ti saddle
Nukeproof Horizon 780/25mm handlebar, grips, clamp, pedals(Comp)
Nukeproof Neutron 35mm stem
Sram NX shifting with 30T Neutrino Components chainring and SunRace 11-40 cassette
Truvativ Stylo GXP 175mm cranks
Shimano SLX M675 brakes with RT66 160/180 rotors

If my weighter doesn't lie, bike is something like 12.8-12.9kg.

Today finally had a ride through some ok terrain and I was suprized how good it pedals. Also it was my first ever ride with dropper, it's even better then I expected! So, while I think after some time I'll change some parts, now I'm really happy with this bike's performance.

Looks sweet man.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 16:05 Quote
RelapsedMandalorian wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RM is that the new bike you just got!? Nice work

That's one dude. The HT is great, I make no apologies for the fugly fender. When I get some decent shot of it without, I shall replace these ones. Brakes are next to go, still got the stock Guide T's on. They're not confidence inspiring for a big bloke!

Picking the Slayer up next week. Drool

Ahhhh slayer thats right! Dude check out TRP Quads mega brake

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 16:27 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
RM is that the new bike you just got!? Nice work

That's one dude. The HT is great, I make no apologies for the fugly fender. When I get some decent shot of it without, I shall replace these ones. Brakes are next to go, still got the stock Guide T's on. They're not confidence inspiring for a big bloke!

Picking the Slayer up next week. Drool

Ahhhh slayer thats right! Dude check out TRP Quads mega brake

Will do man. Few more changes planned for it, but brakes are the burning issue!

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
photo
Went out for the first real ride of the season. Lots of mud and ice here in Ontario. Kinda like the PNW except without the good trails. Confused

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:28 Quote
It looks beautiful... Im sure you’ll uncover some gold nuggz.... seems to me I’ve seen plenty of fun looking stuff from that region???

Sweet bike.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 23:28 Quote
piman wrote:
Looks so small by today's standards. love the color though!

Yeah it looks cool when it's clean and sunny. Shan of Hazard, from the Dukes of Hazard car the General Lee. The Bfe that replaced it is huge in comparison, and a lot easier to ride fast. It'll never zip through tight corners as well as the Shan though.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
Notbn wrote:
photo
Went out for the first real ride of the season. Lots of mud and ice here in Ontario. Kinda like the PNW except without the good trails. Confused

Good to see another bike with bits of mountain all over it. A hardtail should be filthy.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 3:45 Quote
Sirflyingv wrote:
Hello guys! Can I join the club?

photo

Also it was my first ever ride with dropper, it's even better then I expected! So, while I think after some time I'll change some parts, now I'm really happy with this bike's performance.

Had my first ride with a dropper post, too (bought a used crankbrothers highline 170 mm, fits perfect). Best thing since the invention of beer and sex!

photo

photo

I am kind of regretting that i chose that color, looks exactly like the trees and the shadows. Will probably get even worse, once the leafs start to grow.... Madder

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
A4S wrote:
Sirflyingv wrote:
Hello guys! Can I join the club?

photo

Also it was my first ever ride with dropper, it's even better then I expected! So, while I think after some time I'll change some parts, now I'm really happy with this bike's performance.

Had my first ride with a dropper post, too (bought a used crankbrothers highline 170 mm, fits perfect). Best thing since the invention of beer and sex!

photo

photo

I am kind of regretting that i chose that color, looks exactly like the trees and the shadows. Will probably get even worse, once the leafs start to grow.... Madder

I see you also have Suntour fork. What model is that? How's your experience with it?

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:29 Quote
A4S wrote:

Interesting comparison, especially when one can cause a certain part to rise, but too much of the other can cause that same part to drop. And anyone who has a range of 170mm between up and down is truly blessed. Razz

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:35 Quote
I'm thinking switching to full shimano on my Commencal. I did swap out the SX shifter and mech for GX, the brakes are god awful and as I have shimano on my Slayer it makes sense to go that way in terms of bleed kits.

But do I go SLX or XT?

Not much else worth changing as it works fine.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
I'm thinking switching to full shimano on my Commencal. I did swap out the SX shifter and mech for GX, the brakes are god awful and as I have shimano on my Slayer it makes sense to go that way in terms of bleed kits.

But do I go SLX or XT?

Hmm, I suppose more important to chose between 2 piston and 4 piston versions (both XT and SLX new models have 2 and 4 piston versions).

Just readig specs on Shimano site, I see only major diffrerence that XT is lighter ~60g one side (lever+caliper). XT has free stroke adjustment also...

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 5:48 Quote
Sirflyingv wrote:

But do I go SLX or XT?

Hmm, I suppose more important to chose between 2 piston and 4 piston versions (both XT and SLX new models have 2 and 4 piston versions).

Just readig specs on Shimano site, I see only major diffrerence that XT is lighter ~60g one side (lever+caliper). XT has free stroke adjustment also...

4 piston for sure.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 6:51 Quote
Its my First decent Fork. I had a suntour xcr before, so i cant really compare IT to Others. Works really Well to me. Dont See a reason change it. Maybe in 1 or 2 years, when my riding skills improved and i also got more time to ride (got 2 small kids, time is rare...)

@metaam: you have a dirty mind. but i guess i would make a few jokes like that too, when my girl would ride mountainbikes either

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
Sirflyingv wrote:

But do I go SLX or XT?

I wouldn't worry about free stroke adjustment on the XT's. It doesn't seem to do anything.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027658
Mobile Version of Website