Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 21:53 Quote
Wow.... 3750m descents... you must get tired.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 13:25 Quote
Notbn wrote:
Went out for the first real ride of the season. Lots of mud and ice here in Ontario. Kinda like the PNW except without the good trails. Confused

Loving your build. How are the Spline Ones treating you. Just built this up with same wheelset, but haven’t had a chance to get it on the trails yet.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:42 Quote
wow that rsd is a beauty. reminds me of my old black zaskar with red judys

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
funkzander wrote:
wow that rsd is a beauty. reminds me of my old black zaskar with red judys

Thanks for the kind words! I have ridden Middle Child frames with 50mm rims and 2.8’s. Interested to see how these much lighter 35mm wheels and 2.6 tires will feel.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
I'm a sucker for black or raw/Ti frames with that red ultimate on them.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:05 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
I'm a sucker for black or raw/Ti frames with that red ultimate on them.

Same here.. always notice bikes with that combo.. I think raw looks best with the red but black does the trick. I thought about de-stickering the rims so only the fork pops, but going to leave them for now.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
Normally, I'm a fan of de-stickering rims but I think they'd be fine either way in your case. Those rim decals actually provide some contrast without being too much (like Enves or Sixth Elements would be, for example).

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:34 Quote
What size frame is the RSD

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
mr-winks wrote:

It’s a large.. I’m 6 feet and it fits perfect for where and how I ride.. not super long but good balance of modern and still good in the tight and twisty.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
My Stanton Slackline Next Gen 2, 140mm travel. Cleaned her up and took her out for some photos and thought I would share..

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 17:58 Quote
r-a-w wrote:

Loving your build. How are the Spline Ones treating you. Just built this up with same wheelset, but haven’t had a chance to get it on the trails yet.

Only have one legitimate ride on them so far! They feel good, I bought them used and they were in great shape so I think I got a pretty good deal. Time will tell how they hold up.

On another note, I am super jealous of those red lowers man. I've been scouring the internet for a used set, can't justify the cost of them new when my black ones are perfectly fine Cry

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 19:24 Quote
Notbn wrote:
On another note, I am super jealous of those red lowers man. I've been scouring the internet for a used set, can't justify the cost of them new when my black ones are perfectly fine Cry

*Pokes bear* They really WOULD set off your frame nicely...

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 20:42 Quote
r-a-w wrote:
mr-winks wrote:

It’s a large.. I’m 6 feet and it fits perfect for where and how I ride.. not super long but good balance of modern and still good in the tight and twisty.

I'm getting this exact frame in the next shipment that RSD gets. My build is going to be really similar to yours, except I'm using DT E1700 wheels and a 140mm Pike.

So excited.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 23:58 Quote
Notbn wrote:

Funny you say that - someone on the PB classifieds a while back wanted to trade red lowers for black ones. The red didn't go with his new frame color. You can always run a wanted ad too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010499
Mobile Version of Website