Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 11:02 Quote
Sirflyingv wrote:
piman wrote:
Waiting on the right endcaps for the front hub and then I'll have everything built up.

photo

Spec:
Chromag Primer 2020 XL
MRP Ribbon 160mm
King headset
Wheels Mfg bb
Spank Oozy Trail 345 laced to Hope Pro 4s with DT spoked/nips
Chromag bars, stem, seatpost collar
Wolftooth lever
SLX cranks
Absolute Black oval ring, 30t
Box One shifter, derangler, chain; Box Two 11-46t cassette
Deore brakes
XT 180mm rotors front and rear
Oneup dropper, 180mm
WTB Silverado saddle
Specialized Purgatory 2.3 front, Ground Control 2.3 rear

This frame with this headset and stem begs for chrome White Industries or Cane Creek Cranks

I agree, but the cranks were something I realized wasn't going to transfer from my last build since they weren't boost. Wasn't expecting to have to drop some coin on a set, so $100 for SLX was hard to beat. Once I graduate and have my engineering salary you may see this updated with some bling bling cranks.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
piman wrote:
Sirflyingv wrote:
piman wrote:
Waiting on the right endcaps for the front hub and then I'll have everything built up.

photo

Spec:
Chromag Primer 2020 XL
MRP Ribbon 160mm
King headset
Wheels Mfg bb
Spank Oozy Trail 345 laced to Hope Pro 4s with DT spoked/nips
Chromag bars, stem, seatpost collar
Wolftooth lever
SLX cranks
Absolute Black oval ring, 30t
Box One shifter, derangler, chain; Box Two 11-46t cassette
Deore brakes
XT 180mm rotors front and rear
Oneup dropper, 180mm
WTB Silverado saddle
Specialized Purgatory 2.3 front, Ground Control 2.3 rear

This frame with this headset and stem begs for chrome White Industries or Cane Creek Cranks

I agree, but the cranks were something I realized wasn't going to transfer from my last build since they weren't boost. Wasn't expecting to have to drop some coin on a set, so $100 for SLX was hard to beat. Once I graduate and have my engineering salary you may see this updated with some bling bling cranks.

Super easy to take the back ano off... just put them in a freezer bag with easy off oven cleaner for ten minutes or so. Run under hot water and scrub with a brush or sos pad lightly.

Instaghettobling!

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
piman wrote:

Not sure what your old cranks were, but on my previous 2 Root BA's and Primer (and Surface) I ran standard non boost cranks with no issue. It actually gave me a better functional chainline, as I don't spend much time at all in the top 3 cogs

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:06 Quote
They were RF Ride cranks. Chainring hit the Yokel, and the NDS arm ever so slightly bumped the chainstay. It's oka though, they'll go on the old frame to make it a single speed down the road.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:08 Quote
The SLX are a fantastic upgrade in every way to your old cranks, and at a very reasonable price too

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
piman wrote:
Sirflyingv wrote:

Super easy to take the back ano off... just put them in a freezer bag with easy off oven cleaner for ten minutes or so. Run under hot water and scrub with a brush or sos pad lightly.

Instaghettobling!

Throwing another vote to spend an hour and make em silver. I have used the oven cleaner trick followed my mother's aluminum polish to make cranks, seatpost collars, even chainrings all to a mirrorlike surface.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
Sirflyingv wrote:
Awesome Chromag! Guys, do you feel the same that DVO green color is cool by itself but hardly combines with nearly anything?

It worked better with the indigo than I was expecting. I have DVO fork and shock on my full suspension with a silver and black frame and it looks pretty good.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
@piman Awesome Primer! One of my life goals is to always have a Chromag hardtail in my stable.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
onemind123 wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
piman wrote:

Instaghettobling!

Throwing another vote to spend an hour and make em silver. I have used the oven cleaner trick followed my mother's aluminum polish to make cranks, seatpost collars, even chainrings all to a mirrorlike surface.

And another, I polished my XT cranks, the anodising fell off and polishing was surprisingly easy.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
You all are a bunch of bad influences. I'm gonna ride them as they are in case I need to warranty them. Might try this trick next season though.....

Anyone care to share a picture of their results?

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
This is my 2004 Trek bruiser 2

Original frame
Front forks; Rock Shox Reba sl dual air
Rims; 26" Bontrager rhythm comp
Front tyre; 26 x 2.35 schwalbe hans dampf addix compound
Rear tyre; 26 x 2.25 schwalbe nobby nic
Groupset; deore m6000 1 x 10
Handle bar; spank spike vibrocore 800
Grips; lizard skins 'peaty cheers'
Brakes; Shimano deore m6000 hydraulic
Saddle; nukeproof vector DH

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 19:11 Quote
This is my 2004 Trek bruiser 2

Original frame
Front forks; Rock Shox Reba sl dual air
Rims; 26" Bontrager rhythm comp
Front tyre; 26 x 2.35 schwalbe hans dampf addix compound
Rear tyre; 26 x 2.25 schwalbe nobby nic
Groupset; deore m6000 1 x 10
Handle bar; spank spike vibrocore 800
Grips; lizard skins 'peaty cheers'
Brakes; Shimano deore m6000 hydraulic
Saddle; nukeproof vector DH

[/Quote]
photo

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 20:02 Quote
metaam wrote:
photo

Bling bling. Anyone have pics of a set of GX cranks with this treatment? I have an inclination that the Shimanos polish up better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037459
Mobile Version of Website