Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 20:39 Quote
slaker wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
slaker wrote:
I cant get shut down, the shit I've been riding is kinda off the radar, theres no one there to tell me not to. unless it comes down to your not allowed to leave the house on a bike.

There’s stuff here too... but holy hell you gotta keep tight lipped or you’ll be shamed right out the door ...
I believe up to this point we are still allowed to be on most the trails, just keeping distance from other people.but todays all day ride was in a pretty secluded area, we saw no one all day.

That's the perfect situation to be in. Solo rides can be very meditative and therapeutic tup

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 21:01 Quote
Yes... in deed. Last one I did maybe last week? At a more urban trail system had quite a lot of folks getting out walking etc. good if you ask me since they are probably used to sitting in desks... one couple about had a heart attack when I very cautiously turned on to a double track trail (road) they were on. The woman about jumped out of her skin about them keeping 6 feet away from people.. they were worried there wouldn’t be enough room for both of us... so I stopped and waited for them to jump into action and scamper away like possessed goblins... thats when it hit me just how freaked out some are getting. At this point Im doing a ton of neighborhood rides and if Im feeling froggy theres a few spots I can steal away to.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 23:38 Quote
Thankfully we're still allowed to ride from home here, the culture of grassing people up hasn't kicked in like it has in some places (yet). It's going to be interesting to see what impact stopping people from getting outdoors has on their mental health. Nothing has been confirmed as yet, but I think it's likely that it'll be at least the end of May before things let up. The weather here is going to be really good today, I've got to say I'm a bit nervous that measures will be ramped up if there are lots of people out and about ignoring social distancing. By the way, anyone wondering who the new guy is, it's metaam. I had to bring out my alter ego after upsetting the powers that be here. lol

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 0:18 Quote
In Germany we are allowed to go outside and also doing sports outside like running and biking as long as you dont meet with more than one other person. Families or people of the same house are allowed to go out in larger groups (f.e. i can go for a Walk with my kids and my Girl). So yeah, we are lucky i guess...

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 0:23 Quote
It's looking like you are lucky to be in Germany full stop.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
How does the M8000 11speed chainring work with the M8100 12speed chain? I am upgrading from M8000 11speed to M8100 12speed and I'm not sure if I need a new chainring or not. Thanks!

struciapanza wrote:
Zsohi wrote:
NS Eccentric Cromo

My dream bike came true. Smile

-NS Eccentric Cromo
-RS Pike RC with DebonAir upgrade, soon with Charger 2.1
-XT M8100 drivetrain
-XT M8000 crankset, will be replaced with a silver Hope EVO set
-DT EX511 rims, Hope Pro4 hubs, Sapim Race spokes
-Hope E4 brakes 203/180mm
-Newman Advanced SL carbon handlebar
-Thomson Elite seatpost
-Thomson Elite x4 stem
-SQLab 610 saddle
-Hope F20 pedals

12.8Kg

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:43 Quote
mtbforlife4 wrote:
How does the M8000 11speed chainring work with the M8100 12speed chain?

It doesn’t at all.

Shimano 12sp chain doesn t fit Shimano 11sp chain ring.

I swapped the ring for a hope narrow wide and that works perfectly

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 15:36 Quote
StevieJB wrote:
mtbforlife4 wrote:
How does the M8000 11speed chainring work with the M8100 12speed chain?

It doesn’t at all.

Shimano 12sp chain doesn t fit Shimano 11sp chain ring.

I swapped the ring for a hope narrow wide and that works perfectly

yea swamp grease

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 17:21 Quote
commental wrote:
Thankfully we're still allowed to ride from home here, the culture of grassing people up hasn't kicked in like it has in some places (yet). It's going to be interesting to see what impact stopping people from getting outdoors has on their mental health. Nothing has been confirmed as yet, but I think it's likely that it'll be at least the end of May before things let up. The weather here is going to be really good today, I've got to say I'm a bit nervous that measures will be ramped up if there are lots of people out and about ignoring social distancing. By the way, anyone wondering who the new guy is, it's metaam. I had to bring out my alter ego after upsetting the powers that be here. lol
I'm gonna keep riding even if they 'ban' outdoor exercise

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 3:06 Quote
bikeb0y wrote:
I'm gonna keep riding even if they 'ban' outdoor exercise[/Quote]

Your a muppet then Facepalm

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 4:13 Quote
marko369 wrote:
bikeb0y wrote:

As much as I need bikes it really isnt worth it, doing that is just gonna prolong everyones suffering. If we stick to the guidelines now with a bit of luck the bikeparks will be open again sooner!

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 4:16 Quote
bikeb0y wrote:

Always one selfish c*nt.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
bikeb0y wrote:

Always one selfish c*nt.

Amen.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 9:38 Quote
marko369 wrote:
bikeb0y wrote:

Your a muppet then Facepalm [/Quote]

Does sort of depend on circumstances. I've got trails i can ride to, won't see anyone there or on my way. No different to being at home really. I've got better trails i have to drive to, not able to ride those for the time being. Bit unreasonable to assume going out riding is putting people at risk. If there are no people there's no risk.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 9:42 Quote
fielonator wrote:
marko369 wrote:
bikeb0y wrote:

Does sort of depend on circumstances. I've got trails i can ride to, won't see anyone there or on my way. No different to being at home really. I've got better trails i have to drive to, not able to ride those for the time being. Bit unreasonable to assume going out riding is putting people at risk. If there are no people there's no risk.

Also depends on how busy your local healthcare facilities are. If they are struggling with all their beds full, and you have an error in judgement while riding your bike when you have been advised not to, then you are a f*cking Muppet for taking up a bed from someone who actually needs/deserves it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018294
Mobile Version of Website