Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
benbenbeast wrote:
What makes an aggressive hardtail to be on this thread?
Well on this thread they like more agro / progressive geo / worthy tires all kinds of stuff depending on who's opinion, ....... Some times the rider can make the bike aggressive....

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 20:53 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
SS-Minox wrote:
Do you guys have issues with feet blowing off the pedals? Considering buying more grippy flat pedals because it happens every time I ride. Too many rocks & roots

I had that problem about 10 years ago.. Shimano M9120 and applicable shoes of choice are the fix.. Haha

Have you tried the Saint pedals or the XT version?

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
Hammer48 wrote:
5ten freeriders with DMV Vault pedals, super grippy. Although I've been using my Kona wha wha composite pedals with good results.

Another thumbs up for the 5ten and Kona wah wah 2 composites.

Also work great with Canfield crampons, point one podiums, welgo mag, scarabs, and one other I can't remember. Common denominator is the 5ten freeriders......

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
slaker wrote:
benbenbeast wrote:
What makes an aggressive hardtail to be on this thread?
Well on this thread they like more agro / progressive geo / worthy tires all kinds of stuff depending on who's opinion, ....... Some times the rider can make the bike aggressive....
Thank you for that info. I recently got a decent hardtail, but it is not close to aggressive yet. I have plans for upgrading the fork, brakes, drivetrain, etc. So once all that’s done, I’ll post it.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
SS-Minox wrote:
Do you guys have issues with feet blowing off the pedals? Considering buying more grippy flat pedals because it happens every time I ride. Too many rocks & roots

Yep!

Clips all the way. Far safer for me imo.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 23:43 Quote
5ten freeriders with Canfield Crampon Ultimate pedals just so f-ing grippy and sexy as hell

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 1:23 Quote
SS-Minox wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
SS-Minox wrote:

I had that problem about 10 years ago.. Shimano M9120 and applicable shoes of choice are the fix.. Haha

Have you tried the Saint pedals or the XT version?

I have 3 pairs of the XTR Trails and 2 pairs of the XT Trail pedlas.. No experience with the newest Saint aside from being a salesman..

The XT/R pedals have been rock solid for me since they introduced the "trail" series of pedals years ago.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 3:23 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Whats your go to tire for that Pyro?

2.4" Minion DHR 2 (Exo TR, no 3C) on a 25mm rim. Definitely not the most grip you can have, but that setup has the right mix of grip (cornering and braking), rolling resistance, weight and predictability, for me.

Hmmmm interesting

I run a 2.5 WT Minion DHF Exo TR on 26mm internal rims and its a nice size, isnt rolling on the side knobs when upright and has more grip than i reckon i can get beyond.

2.3 Minion SS on the rear just now

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:40 Quote
Hi. New here.

2019 Cotic Soul size S 130 mm fork. Do it all hardtail, from commuting every day to work, to bmx bike park and trails.

Specs

Cotic Soul S
Rockshox Revelation 130 mm
Renthal Fat bar lite carbon 740 mm
XT cassete shifter derailleur
SLX Cranks and brake
Odi grip
Deity copperhead 35mm
Xfusion manic 150 mm
Chromag Contact
E*13 LG1 AL Enduro 32H 27.5X30MM
Shimano hubs
Continental Trail king 2.2
WTB Bee Line 2.2
180 rotors
SDG Duster
34 T generic Sproket

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
Another Cotic from a while back.
Just got it back in the lineup

10 Cotic Bfe

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 16:25 Quote
Hey guys, which of the Five Ten shoes are better? They have a good number of models to choose from.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
Anything with their Stealth rubber sole, they have models without it, so be careful if you're buying online.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
I have the 5 ten impacts for DH and the freeriders for everything else

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011419
Mobile Version of Website