Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 17:22 Quote
OneBanana wrote:
dscpat wrote:
Nice ride, dude tup
Deserves a better picture though Wink

Nice, I got a meta also. pretty solid bike

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 22:44 Quote
dscpat wrote:

I feel like I do not belong as this isn't anything near as custom as most posts here...and I probably expose many basic faux-pas such as the tire brand alignment an all...but hey...I also identify so much with you guys in awe of bikes posted here that I have to post the 1st bike I bought since...2001....a Commencal Meta HT....I am still very much in shock of the geometry, the 27.5+ and the overall capacity of the bike. The forks have come a long way, wow. Also the look, but that is very personal. Keep on posting, and I hope you guys hit the trails hard these days. I sure do.

Edit : and as a size 12, how did we live without these huge pedals all this time ? Using the Kona Wah Wah II and I cannot believe how convenient they are. I am speechless.

Rad bike dude! Tan walls looks great on it, the decals really help blend everything together.
Yes, bikes sure have come a loooong way these past years. Especially anything after 2015, seems they started to figure out proper burly geo.
Anyway, enjoy shreddin' the new sled Salute .

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 3:31 Quote
red-o wrote:

Having ridden in Moab on a full enduro rig (cracking a carbon rim in the process) a hardtail would not be my bike of choice. After a week there I felt like I had been beaten up.

Having said that, The Whole Enchilada might be quite fun on my Vendetta, if I had to.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
New Honzo edit....

https://nsmb.com/articles/connor-fearon-hard-way/

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
stoo61 wrote:
red-o wrote:

Having ridden in Moab on a full enduro rig (cracking a carbon rim in the process) a hardtail would not be my bike of choice. After a week there I felt like I had been beaten up.

Having said that, The Whole Enchilada might be quite fun on my Vendetta, if I had to.
Ive only ever ridden Moab on a hard tail. many many times.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 8:41 Quote
slaker wrote:
stoo61 wrote:
red-o wrote:

Definitely on my to-do list.

Posted: Jul 1, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
expertfailure wrote:
slaker wrote:
stoo61 wrote:

Definitely on my to-do list.
I did melt through the braking surface of a rear rim once on Porcupine ridge back in the days of V-brakes.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
No rear suspensipn; had to rely on my fork

Nose wheelie steeze aboard my on-one deedar.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 20:44 Quote
Picked up a new seat. Didn't know if the gold and brown seat would be overkill but I think it's just right.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 20:52 Quote
Thanks Salute I'm pretty sure I have more time on this bike than my fully this season. It charges.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 21:23 Quote
GravityCandy wrote:
Thanks Salute I'm pretty sure I have more time on this bike than my fully this season. It charges.
Awesome ! where's that photo taken, looks magnificent.

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 22:03 Quote
slaker wrote:
GravityCandy wrote:
Awesome ! where's that photo taken, looks magnificent.
In Nelson on a trail called Burn and Beyond. Super long descent

Posted: Jul 5, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
Finally got a descent phone to take photos with so I thought I'd pipe my Switchback.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010623
Mobile Version of Website