Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 14:02 Quote
I went a different route on my Honzo. Went 140mm instead of the recommended 120, ran a fairly high sag with an MRP ramp control cartridge set up with a lot of progression. Sags in to help keep it smooth, and I ride very front end heavy.

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 14:22 Quote
Running a Pike, luftkappe fitted, TFtuned 140mm - 25% sag

Frame is optimised for 130mm , with the sag & extra 10mm she is gold

Can't beat a tuned fork

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 15:38 Quote
slaker wrote:
One of my all time favs ^ Looking killer.

Mine too. Fab

Posted: Sep 12, 2020 at 22:21 Quote
ski-n-bike-da-east wrote:
What sag are you guys running? I know it is personal preference but I was under the idea that hardtails should have less sag to keep the fork higher. I just checked and am at 13% on my 150 mm Rockshox 35, which seems kinda low

I feel like long travel hardtails need to be the opposite, since most of us are technically over-forking our frames. More sag steepens the head angle back towards what it should be during typical riding, while still allowing the fork to "Reach down" on jumps and rough stuff to help keep things smooth.

I've always run my bikes at roughly 1/3 travel as sag, and crank the compression all the way up to keep from bottoming. Rebound somewhere in the middle, maybe a couple clicks slow.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 3:18 Quote
i'm really sorry i have to bother you with even more photos of my bike. but it seems to hold up now, so i'm at the current final stage with the build. and after it cracked an icecold can of whoopass for me yesterday, i felt like embarrassing it here with a dirty non-driveside photo without cranks or valves aligned. if you feel like diving into the details, i uploaded a metric sh*t ton of detail shots to the album.

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 5:53 Quote
Are these helms coil??

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
You sir are more than forgiven. Thanks for sharing. This is pure candy.

Posted: Sep 13, 2020 at 6:03 Quote
nope, air. i'm 108 kg / 238 lbs so air works way better for me.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:03 Quote
A4S wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
A4S wrote:
Doing my part for this thread... lol

photo

i am almost satisfied with all of it. Shimano Deore shifting works just fine. Same with the fork. Even the breaks do their job pretty well - at least for my terrain - but i dont have much experience though. Still tektro auriga. i am gonna replace them in winter probably with Magura MT5, Magura MT Trail Sport or shimano xt to be ready for some longer and more serious downhill action in the alps and the beautiful lago die garda in italy.

Shimano SLX 4 piston brakes are more than enough brake action you'll ever need.

Thanks man! I Put them on my list too and See where i find the best offer. So far they are all at about 200€ and i guess they will perform similar. I am No Racer and i wont become a Racer, so i guess the cheapest offer within this choice will be just fine for me.

I have a set of MT5 front, MT4 rear, with HC1 levers on my Honzo, paired with Shimano XT IceTech discs (203 / 160). I'm very happy with that combo. For really long descends I would upgrade the rear disc to a 180, but not necessarily the caliper to an MT5. The HC1 levers are great - they are the same that come with the MT Trail Sport set.
I had XT 2 pots before (on the same bike with the same discs), and the MT5/MT4 combination is superior with regards to bite point, fade, and modulation.

Do you see any advantage of the SLX 4 pot vs the MT5 or MT Trail Sport set?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
best upgrade you can give your brakes is changing the levers for shimanos (anything from slx upwards will do). first, they don't break as easily as maguras do, and the hydraulic leverage ratio will increase braking power by like 20% over a stock shimano 4pot.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 12:50 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
best upgrade you can give your brakes is changing the levers for shimanos (anything from slx upwards will do). first, they don't break as easily as maguras do, and the hydraulic leverage ratio will increase braking power by like 20% over a stock shimano 4pot.

that sounds like an interesting upgrade, thanks! luckily, i haven't had any issues with my magura levers so far, fingers crossed.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 13:21 Quote
Just burning in some new brake pads waiting for the trails to reopen around here.
photo

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
Dope... what they still have shit closed in Oly?

Smoke or covid smokeshow?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 19:14 Quote
You guys can't go outside and ride in the woods??

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 19:33 Quote
slope wrote:
You guys can't go outside and ride in the woods??

LOL. Clown world turned up to 11.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033435
Mobile Version of Website