Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 23:22 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Dope... what they still have shit closed in Oly?

Smoke or covid smokeshow?

Just the past week due to smoke/fire risks. Better safe than sorry, but a bummer.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
Horrible air down in Portland. Can't even be outside for too long before the headaches kick in. Work has been closed for 3 days. But my Rootdown is getting tons of TLC. And probably getting creeped out by all the staring

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
Pandalosi0 wrote:
Horrible air down in Portland. Can't even be outside for too long before the headaches kick in. Work has been closed for 3 days. But my Rootdown is getting tons of TLC. And probably getting creeped out by all the staring
It is a horrible fire season for the western United States...Wishing for rain and cooler weather for everyones sake.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:16 Quote
rynee wrote:
nullzwo wrote:
best upgrade you can give your brakes is changing the levers for shimanos (anything from slx upwards will do). first, they don't break as easily as maguras do, and the hydraulic leverage ratio will increase braking power by like 20% over a stock shimano 4pot.

that sounds like an interesting upgrade, thanks! luckily, i haven't had any issues with my magura levers so far, fingers crossed.

i can't recommend it enough. try it and you'll be amazed. as you're from austria, just search the big yellow german forum by the keyword "shigura". there's plenty of info.

Posted: Sep 15, 2020 at 23:03 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
rynee wrote:
nullzwo wrote:
best upgrade you can give your brakes is changing the levers for shimanos (anything from slx upwards will do). first, they don't break as easily as maguras do, and the hydraulic leverage ratio will increase braking power by like 20% over a stock shimano 4pot.

that sounds like an interesting upgrade, thanks! luckily, i haven't had any issues with my magura levers so far, fingers crossed.

i can't recommend it enough. try it and you'll be amazed. as you're from austria, just search the big yellow german forum by the keyword "shigura". there's plenty of info.

That's a good point, I should have made that connection myself, thanks!

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 10:53 Quote
Just installed AbsoluteBlack's Chainguide, Bashguard, 30t Oval Chainring, and Cushcore Pro. Instantly noticed the difference with the Oval Chainring with a parking lot ride. Then taking on climbs takes a significant less amount of effort to do. The Cushcore allows me to run lower psi without any negatives like Rolling the tires under load, or hitting the rim. I notice the difference on climbs, jumps, and normal riding. The grip and plush u get when riding it is noticeable for me.
All setup for tech climbs now, can't wait to progress with all the parts now on it!
AbsoluteBlack Oval Chainring 30T AbsoluteBlack Bashguard and Chain Guide
Cushcore Pro

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
What size chainring were you using before?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
What size chainring were you using before?
32T Round. Did some research and 30t oval is the same to a 32 in it's most efficient and 28t at it's least efficiency.

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 12:01 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
nice rig, @aero
Appreciate it

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 16:45 Quote
The shop turned around my wheels a lot quicker than was quoted. Got the rest of it put together today.

It looks like the worst kind of DH bike+BMX bike love child, but it's comfortable to stand on and pedal around so far. I'll get to play with it in some dirt this weekend, I guess.

Final spec list:

2005? Azonic Steelhead XL Pro
2005? Marzocchi Bomber 66RC 170mm
FSA "The Pig" headset
Generic Carbon spacers, BMX Stem, and lock on grips
SE Bikes "Super Big Honkin'" bars (31"W x 7"H)
Generic seatpost and butt hatchet
Shimano SLX M7120 brake set with RT78L 203mm rotors F&R
Truvativ Ruktion cranks on a Howitzer Team BB, 34T
Shimano Zee 20x110 TA and 10x135 TA hubs
Ryde "Big Bull Special Edition" 26" rims
Conti Trail King 26x2.4" with Conti Freeride tubes
Shimano MX66 cog, 16T

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
Quite a interesting bike if i say so myself. What type of riding do u have planned for it?

Posted: Sep 16, 2020 at 21:26 Quote
Definitely rad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012761
Mobile Version of Website