Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Head on over to SoMo. All the tech climbing you could want.
I plan on doing that eventually. Currently trying to build up my skill before I attempt to try SoMo

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 15:11 Quote
Black D for breakfast. Kona Unit busting through absolute hero dirt this morning.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 15:40 Quote
that unit is one of my favorite hardtails in this thread. makes me wanna sell my wideangle and build one up

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 16:32 Quote
frigofff wrote:
that unit is one of my favorite hardtails in this thread. makes me wanna sell my wideangle and build one up

Oh my... thanks. I cant recommend them enough . Damn things can wear just about any hat you can toss at them.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 19:34 Quote
Just got the Honzo ESD in at the shop, way more slack than anything I'm used to. Even makes my XXL Jeffsy feel like a dirt jumper.

I gotta say though, I would trade my full sus for this if I lived somewhere up north.

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 20:03 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:
Just installed AbsoluteBlack's Chainguide, Bashguard, 30t Oval Chainring, and Cushcore Pro. Instantly noticed the difference with the Oval Chainring with a parking lot ride. Then taking on climbs takes a significant less amount of effort to do. The Cushcore allows me to run lower psi without any negatives like Rolling the tires under load, or hitting the rim. I notice the difference on climbs, jumps, and normal riding. The grip and plush u get when riding it is noticeable for me.
All setup for tech climbs now, can't wait to progress with all the parts now on it!
AbsoluteBlack Oval Chainring 30T AbsoluteBlack Bashguard and Chain Guide
Cushcore Pro

That thing is awesome. I just finished putting Cush core front and back on chameleon. If you have experience with them. do you have pressure you like based on trying to achieve grip on rocky climb and descents? Just did a quick xc ride and its a major difference in feeling

Posted: Sep 19, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Just got the Honzo ESD in at the shop, way more slack than anything I'm used to.

Did you get any frames in? I'm having a hell of a time finding one.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 5:24 Quote
No, we got one complete and that was it. Our rep says it's gonna be a while before we get another one or a frame.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:48 Quote
Thanks. A large Kona dealer I know is getting 2 frames in. The funny part is they don't what sizes they are receiving - Kona couldn't tell them. But they are getting 2 Wink Wink

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:53 Quote
Vanislandbloomer wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
AeroPrixma wrote:
Just installed AbsoluteBlack's Chainguide, Bashguard, 30t Oval Chainring, and Cushcore Pro. Instantly noticed the difference with the Oval Chainring with a parking lot ride. Then taking on climbs takes a significant less amount of effort to do. The Cushcore allows me to run lower psi without any negatives like Rolling the tires under load, or hitting the rim. I notice the difference on climbs, jumps, and normal riding. The grip and plush u get when riding it is noticeable for me.
All setup for tech climbs now, can't wait to progress with all the parts now on it!
AbsoluteBlack Oval Chainring 30T AbsoluteBlack Bashguard and Chain Guide
Cushcore Pro

That thing is awesome. I just finished putting Cush core front and back on chameleon. If you have experience with them. do you have pressure you like based on trying to achieve grip on rocky climb and descents? Just did a quick xc ride and its a major difference in feeling
I have done a few rides, alot more grip mostly cuz i can drop PSI. landing drops and jumps are have alot less vibration compared to before. I used to run 27-26psi but i dropped it down to 21-23. I heard hardtail party ran 16-17psi at SoMo, so i'm happy to know there is more room. I have not tried any techy climbs i did before the upgrades but i can instantly tell the oval helps a ton. The cushcore for sure supports the side knobs with the sidewall resistance.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Just got the Honzo ESD in at the shop, way more slack than anything I'm used to. Even makes my XXL Jeffsy feel like a dirt jumper.

I gotta say though, I would trade my full sus for this if I lived somewhere up north.
That bike looks so aggressive and so gnarly. Not sure if i'd take it over my bike since its got more travel for what i ride. But I'd love to ride one. Heard alot of good things about it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Thanks. A large Kona dealer I know is getting 2 frames in. The funny part is they don't what sizes they are receiving - Kona couldn't tell them. But they are getting 2 Wink Wink

Yep hard to come by hot new products.... I’ll probably wait till next round. But definitely on the next frame list.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 17:46 Quote
Ive been pretty tempted by it as well.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 17:57 Quote
slaker wrote:
Ive been pretty tempted by it as well.

When I figure out where Im landing I’ll grab one... Kona always makes me smile.

Posted: Sep 20, 2020 at 18:18 Quote
I'll probably be getting one on the next round also.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015130
Mobile Version of Website