Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
There's very little variance in tension, I believe Absolute Black did a study on the subject.

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 10:11 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Bitelio wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
This is the first bike that I have ever seen that looks cool with white tyres! Big Grin

2020 Pace RC529 XL Single Speed

Sweet Pace but I do wish they would drop their top tubes a little, They are still a tad gateish even in 2021!
Really nice.
I was lucky enough to own a Pace RC-200 when I was young 20 years ago.

Oh, Please. 42 isn't old unless you let it be... Nice bike!

Dude, I'm 33 and my back hurts all the time.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 10:48 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
Bitelio wrote:

Really nice.
I was lucky enough to own a Pace RC-200 when I was young 20 years ago.

Ouch, I'm sorry. Is there any advice (beyond not riding bikes... Not gonna happen) that you could share yo avoid this or is it inevitable?

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
haha, mine is partially genetics, and chasing two kids around... I tried ab exercises once too, but really like craft beer and don't get out on the bike enough...

we all have a burden to bear.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
There's very little variance in tension, I believe Absolute Black did a study on the subject.

Here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQVSMAz0bTo

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 11:15 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

Ouch, I'm sorry. Is there any advice (beyond not riding bikes... Not gonna happen) that you could share yo avoid this or is it inevitable?
I tried riding a full-sus.

Didn't really like it.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 11:17 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
haha, mine is partially genetics, and chasing two kids around... I tried ab exercises once too, but really like craft beer and don't get out on the bike enough...

My mom told me to do sit ups if my back hurt to make my back stronger... but there really boring. @Bitelo I like hardtails too. My LeToy4 is almost done! I will post pictures in a week or so...

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 12:37 Quote
wythall1 wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:

Here it is...

Color me surprised. I remember the chain tension varying noticeably on my fixie just from the cheap wobbly chainring, so I assumed the change in tension produced by an oval ring would be even more pronounced. Nice to know that this isn't a limitation.

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
freestyIAM wrote:
wythall1 wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:

Here it is...

Color me surprised. I remember the chain tension varying noticeably on my fixie just from the cheap wobbly chainring, so I assumed the change in tension produced by an oval ring would be even more pronounced. Nice to know that this isn't a limitation.
right, it's very deceptive.

Mod
Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:

My mom told me to do sit ups if my back hurt to make my back stronger... but there really boring. @Bitelo I like hardtails too. My LeToy4 is almost done! I will post pictures in a week or so...

Very much so, trunk muscles wrap around or are internally front to back i.e. Psoas. Most men have sore/tight quadratus lumborum/hamstrings/posterior chains often caused by weak abdominal muscles. Which then leads to tighter hip flexors and quads pending how progressed it is.

I try to be consistent with ab workouts, and do notice I feel better but - you are correct, they are boring. I prefer something that gives a peripheral abdominal workout like xc skiing etc vs a hard block core work.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 14:34 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:

Very much so, trunk muscles wrap around or are internally front to back i.e. Psoas. Most men have sore/tight quadratus lumborum/hamstrings/posterior chains often caused by weak abdominal muscles. Which then leads to tighter hip flexors and quads pending how progressed it is.

I try to be consistent with ab workouts, and do notice I feel better but - you are correct, they are boring. I prefer something that gives a peripheral abdominal workout like xc skiing etc vs a hard block core work.

Definitely.

After pedaling up a mountain on the journey to the down, I definitely feel it in the core. I should try skiing...

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 18:56 Quote
Flexibility especially in the posterior chain can also help a lot with back soreness. Means your abs have to do less work to hold a good posture. I find my back consistently feels better when I'm good about stretching. Also being stronger and more flexible is always better.

If anyone gets bored doing ab workouts I highly recommend working towards something like dragon flag. Much easier to measure progress and far less boring. Particularly once you get to each new progression. Also it doesn't just isolate, but is really good at training your entire core.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 20:27 Quote
What is this dragon flag you speak of?

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 20:48 Quote
Calisthenics skill. Search dragon flag in google.

Posted: Jan 20, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
Will do!

That actually looks entertaining.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019210
Mobile Version of Website