Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
A4S wrote:
76kg without clothes

So not heavy Wink

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Top day

Pike @140mm ^ 2016 tuned with luftkappe

Don’t forget to factor in tuning and servicing costs, old forks can be had cheap
All comes down to money in the end, so set a limit and stick to it
A hardtail is only as good as the fork up front (yeah I know, rider skill too), safety and fun matter
Nice shot...2016 Pike is the best fork I own...rides much nicer than my newer Debonair Pike or my Fox 36 by far... would like to try Luftkappe.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 8:55 Quote
Odd isn’t it? I know we have talked about this prior and with other forum members, so it’s not just in our heads!

Maybe we can thank the opposition for making RS pull out all the stops for that year.
TFtuned made it a proper standout fork with the luftkappe fitted. Tried (as you mentioned previously..) other RS forks, newer incarnations, but they are lame in comparison

@150 it was super fast, happily put it on my susser for sure ..it won’t get the chance though

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:01 Quote
i liked my 2016 pike rct3 a lot, great do-it-all-fork. swapped it for a bos dizzy last year. (before it had totems and the old coil lyriks in the same bike) and i think the fork and the tyres are most important for the character of a bike.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
Confidence inspiring forks make you try stuff out because you trust in them implicitly

Single finger braking , can feel the fork at all times in this current guise. It’s staying on this bike

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 9:46 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
i liked my 2016 pike rct3 a lot, great do-it-all-fork. swapped it for a bos dizzy last year. (before it had totems and the old coil lyriks in the same bike) and i think the fork and the tyres are most important for the character of a bike.
I have a Bos Deville 140, I rode it maybe 20 rides on my steel Switchback... amazing plush fork..traction was unbeatable although ever since it was new oil and smudge would work its way out of the seals on to the stanchions.I have heard it is hard to get parts and service for this fork in the USA so it just sits in the parts bin for now...

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
nullzwo wrote:

Loved my 2016 Pike too. Added a Luftkappe and it was great, but it came off a Capra so it had a really short steerer in a 100mm 44mm straight headtube. I've still got it and don't know what to do with it! Lol

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 11:07 Quote
Soupherb wrote:
Top day

Pike @140mm ^ 2016 tuned with luftkappe

Don’t forget to factor in tuning and servicing costs, old forks can be had cheap
All comes down to money in the end, so set a limit and stick to it
A hardtail is only as good as the fork up front (yeah I know, rider skill too), safety and fun matter

That coastline soup! Morf is pretty nice too!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 11:19 Quote
Epic couple of sunny days, apparently a few more to go.. possibly a week.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
Soupherb wrote:

Don’t jinx it!lol!

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
Soupherb wrote:

Don’t jinx it!lol!

Eeeek indeed

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 14:00 Quote
mtnryder-co wrote:
nullzwo wrote:
I have a Bos Deville 140, I rode it maybe 20 rides on my steel Switchback... amazing plush fork..traction was unbeatable although ever since it was new oil and smudge would work its way out of the seals on to the stanchions.I have heard it is hard to get parts and service for this fork in the USA so it just sits in the parts bin for now...

the tales of bad service come from the (really bad) communication with BOS in france and the fact that their first fork, the idylle, had rare 37 mil stanchions and there wer next to no third party parts for it.

the deville should be serviceable with standard RS/fox parts, as it has 35 mil stanchions. theres even an half hour video of a guy servicing it realtime on youtube. spoiler: it ain't rocket science Smile

my 140 mil long travel dizzy can't hide its XC origin. it has a really stiff damper and its task is not to make you comfortable, but to make you fast. and it dies it bloody well. it's nearly as stiff as a pike, although it has only 32 mil stanchions - and weighs 1570 g. got it brand new so cheap, i couldn't resist and have never looked back at the pike.

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
Not super aggressive, but very playful. Top fun!

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 15:46 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
mtnryder-co wrote:
nullzwo wrote:

the tales of bad service come from the (really bad) communication with BOS in france and the fact that their first fork, the idylle, had rare 37 mil stanchions and there wer next to no third party parts for it.

the deville should be serviceable with standard RS/fox parts, as it has 35 mil stanchions. theres even an half hour video of a guy servicing it realtime on youtube. spoiler: it ain't rocket science Smile

my 140 mil long travel dizzy can't hide its XC origin. it has a really stiff damper and its task is not to make you comfortable, but to make you fast. and it dies it bloody well. it's nearly as stiff as a pike, although it has only 32 mil stanchions - and weighs 1570 g. got it brand new so cheap, i couldn't resist and have never looked back at the pike.
Good to know...I will probably try out the Deville again when I build up my Eccentric...

Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 23:17 Quote
A4S wrote:
76kg without clothes
Oh shoot I thought I was the only one riding without clothes here!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018785
Mobile Version of Website