Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Aggresive Hardtails Post Em !
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 23:33 Quote
Well thanks Guys for the Input! I guess i will go for the lyric or the yari, as they are cheap, they have the same crown/stanchions as the Lyrik ultimate so i can change and upgrade the damper If i feel Like needing better Equipment in the Future without buying a News fork and they should be easy to Set Up (what i Like about a hardtail ist to keep Things simple, would go for a coil fork but i dont find any with a similar Performance for this price- or at least i dont know of any).

The pike would be a good Option too, but the cheapest offer is 150€ more than the offer for the lyric.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 6:20 Quote
A4S wrote:
Well thanks Guys for the Input! I guess i will go for the lyric or the yari, as they are cheap, they have the same crown/stanchions as the Lyrik ultimate so i can change and upgrade the damper If i feel Like needing better Equipment in the Future without buying a News fork and they should be easy to Set Up (what i Like about a hardtail ist to keep Things simple, would go for a coil fork but i dont find any with a similar Performance for this price- or at least i dont know of any).

The pike would be a good Option too, but the cheapest offer is 150€ more than the offer for the lyric.

I really like the Marzocchi Bomber Z1with a coil.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
Haven't ridden this thing in quite a while. Fork needs updating badly.
Seat and pedals were a test.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 9:11 Quote
i like it, nice color. have you considered a dvo sapphire?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
Yes, until a good friend broke his Onyx within a few months of owning it. I‘ll probably end up buying a Pike.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
There's a sale on Lyrik select RC 160 boost on bike24 for 470€ new. Might wanna consider

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
Yes, until a good friend broke his Onyx within a few months of owning it. I‘ll probably end up buying a Pike.

wait, broken as in "break", or something internal?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:

wait, broken as in "break", or something internal?

The damper broke, as in it did not work properly anymore and leaked oil.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 12:54 Quote
My sapphire was the third worst fork I've ever had.
Had to run OTT all the way tight to give it any semblance of small bump performance, and it developed bushing play, twice.
Had a few friends with similar issues on DVO.
Only forks I had that were worse were Marzocchi 350cr and Suntour Durolux

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
that's interesting, as the dvo's are usually reviewed positively. maybe they're just not made for hardtails. thanks for the info, guys!

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 16:20 Quote
nullzwo wrote:
that's interesting, as the dvo's are usually reviewed positively. maybe they're just not made for hardtails. thanks for the info, guys!
Very true

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 16:34 Quote
Mine was on a fully.
I think their quality control is just bad.

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 19:58 Quote
Greetings from California. Just showing off my new frame that I built up with parts from my old singlespeed and some new bits. This is the pinnacle of MTB technology. It weighs a lot and is fun to ride downhill, not so much uphill.
Norco 125 with parts from my old broken frame

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 21:05 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
My sapphire was the third worst fork I've ever had.
Had to run OTT all the way tight to give it any semblance of small bump performance, and it developed bushing play, twice.
Had a few friends with similar issues on DVO.
Only forks I had that were worse were Marzocchi 350cr and Suntour Durolux

Everyone that I know of locally with a DVO is very happy with their forks/shocks. I have a Diamond boost on my ht that I bought used and the only issue that I had was the damper unthreading itself in two and losing all damping. Unfortunately it happened on a race. Fortunately, it was an easy fix and only cost me a lower leg service. I like that it has so many tuning options while being easy to setup at the same time. I've read of some issues from Ibis AF owners mostly, could it be that going OEM for them affected quality control?

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 21:24 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
There's a sale on Lyrik select RC 160 boost on bike24 for 470€ new. Might wanna consider

I am one Second away from buying it Wink

About the other Suggestionen: the pike would be perfect, but the ATC of the longest possible Version (150mm) is a little to short. About the marzzocchi, i dont wanna spend that much.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010738
Mobile Version of Website